The New York City Information Architecture Meetup Group Message Board › Looking for a UI/UX - Contract - NYC Area

Looking for a UI/UX - Contract - NYC Area

A former member
Post #: 3
We are looking for a senior person to handle a large UI/UX project. It’s mostly an application project combining a client’s internal ticket-based help desk and service request systems on the UI/UX front.

Looking to start project in the 2 weeks, likely on 10/18. Discovery would take until mid- or late-December. The UI/UX and usability testing would likely run through mid- to late-February.

Deliverables:

- Discovery/planning:
o Up to 20 customer and/or stakeholder interviews resulting in a consolidated needs analysis report.
o 1 Experience audit of the overall system using the needs analysis as something to compare it to
 there are 3 systems in all that need to be consolidated
 This would process would also include a tech discuss as to _why_ they haven’t implemented some of the customer needs to date. I figure this will help us evaluate the value of each need and whether it’s worth pursuing in remaining phases (i.e. is the new functionality too expensive to implement and therefore not worth it).
• Requirements gathering based on the approved needs and experience audit and technical evaluation

- UI/UX:
o Updated user/system flows based on requirements
o Up to 20 new UI/UX templates (annotated).
 This could end up being more depending on the requirements. If so, we’ll evaluate during requirements. We used this number so that we could ball park the work.
 I planned on doing this in at least 2 drops of work.
o Usability testing
 Includes developing the questions, conducting the testing and making changes as appropriate to tested user experiences.

Contact Muriel Mayberry - Baatz Consulting