Bring your laptops, sketches, post-its and something to work on (e.g. projects, setting up user testing, etc.).
UX Design Critiques & Teamwork Night takes place every Monday at 7pm sharp at Coloft. Please come hoping to work with your UX peers, learn something, teach someone, and make new friends in the community. Also, the Civic Hackers group will be at Coloft and working away on their projects.
Feel free to bring friends, co-workers, your mentor or those you are collaborating with.
More photos of these gatherings can be found here: http://goo.gl/PQXn3z
We will meet in one of the conference rooms so we can use a projector to view each other's work. At the beginning of the event, each person will introduce himself or herself. Please tell everyone what project you are working on and what kind of help you might need. After that, please tell everyone how you may be able to help them.
Please note the following:
• We will be starting at 7PM sharp.
• If you would like to present your work, please arrive before the meeting begins and write your name down on the presenter's sign-in sheet.
• Once you have signed-in, make sure your computer is ready to project your work using the monitor display.
• Please bring any dongles or adapters you might need.
• At the beginning of each meeting, we will use 15 minutes for everyone to introduce themselves. Please prepare a 30-second introduction about yourself and/or your project.
•During the introductions, please share your name, what you do (designer, developer, etc.), and what kind of help you need.
• Each presenter will get 15 minutes of time. I recommend that you use 4 minutes to present and 11 minutes for feedback. To help you keep track of time, we will set a timer and let you know when you've used 3 minutes and 10 minutes.
• The first 3 or 4 presentations will be from folks who haven't presented before. After those presentations, we will review the progress of 3 or 4 works we have critiqued before.
• If you want to present, please mention it in the comment section on the page of the event you are attending. And, let us know if this is your first time to present your work to the group. At the event, please be sure to add your name to the presenter's sign-in sheet.
We will continue to iterate on the format as we go. Can't wait to see you there!
VENUE SPONSOR - COLOFT
BEVERAGE SPONSOR - ARTISAN CREATIVE
For those who like underground parking, try using parking at Santa Monica Library at 601 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90401. The parking lot closes at 11PM. Also, after 6PM there is free street parking around Coloft.
Parking options presented by TICKETFREE.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Check out this free and easy to use usability testing service:
Article: Tim Ash (Conversion Optimization Expert) + UserTesting:
Archived Webinar: The Top 7 Landing Page Mistakes to Avoid with Tim Ash:
The Russ Unger slides from the 2013 IA Summit on building your resume and portfolios:
For qualitative usability studies try:
Five Second Test:
Videos from The Los Angeles User Experience Meetup Events: http://www.meetup.com/ia-55/pages/Videos/