PLEASE NOTE - AN RSVP HERE DOES NOT REGISTER YOU FOR CLASS. ANYONE NOT REGISTERED WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE. PLEASE REGISTER & PAY HERE IF YOU ARE ATTENDING:
Are you interested adding unmoderated user testing to your UX/IA toolkit?
User testing is important to user centered design, but is often overlooked, or short-changed due to budget, time, and resource constraints. This class will teach you how to overcome these issues and cost-effectively build user testing into your design and development cycles.
Over two half-day sessions, this hands-on workshop teaches you how to design, implement, and analyze lightweight unmoderated tests for projects of all sizes and budgets using Usertesting.com and other resources. In addition to learning how to extract IA and UX centered findings, this class will also help designers and developers.
No previous knowledge or experience in user testing is needed.
How to Register?
What Will I Learn?
By the end of this two-day workshop, participants will be able to:
- Plan activities, set goals, and create deliverables commonly used during unmoderated user testing
- Apply proven principles for building an effective internal testing team
- Create an unmoderated user test plan
- Write useful, measurable, and relevant test scenarios & tasks
- Understand the importance of recruiting the right test subjects
- Identify and remedy common problems encountered during unmoderated testing
- Extract useful patterns from qualitative & quantitative test data
- Analyze, prioritize, and present findings to improve your site/product
- Replicate and optimize unmoderated testing for multiple iterations
- Understand how to advocate for unmoderated user testing in your organization
- Understand the spectrum between in-house and outsourced user testing
- Find available tools and resources about user testing
Cost: $395 per person.
Date: Saturday, September 22 & Sunday, September 23
Time: 12:00pm – 4:00pm each day (please plan to arrive 15 minutes early)
No previous knowledge or experience in user testing is needed. Experience with Google Docs is not mandatory, but very helpful.
- Printed Deck & Worksheets
- Emailed Deck
- 1 Free Usertesting.com Credit ($40 value)
- Light Snacks & Beverages
Materials To Bring:
- Laptop Computer & Power Cord
- Open Mind & Questions
Register & Learn More: