|Sent on:||Tuesday, May 1, 2012 1:24 PM|
Job Description: User Experience Designer/Information Architect responsible for developing IA documentation (personas, user flows, site maps, transaction flows, sketches, scenarios, wireframes, navigation models, prototypes) to support site strategy, brand strategy, and desired user behaviors.
Tasks & Activities
- Aligning business requirements, user centered design methodology and technology factors to create low and high fidelity interactive prototypes for the purposes of validating business requirements and supporting usability testing
- Creating and refining user experience deliverables, such as task and gap analyses, feature/functionality matrices, usage scenarios, site maps, flow diagrams and wireframes.
- Identifying and documenting meaningful patterns from the user research; provide recommendations to the internal teams based on findings
- Leading participatory user experience brainstorm sessions.
- Conducting competitive audits and participating user research, concept testing, usability testing, and market research
- Leading development of personas/segmentations based on research findings; integrating personas/segmentations with related deliverables such as opportunity maps and wireframes
- Identifying opportunities to create business value and improve the user experience
- Presenting concepts to stakeholders with research and best practice annotations
- Advocating for the customer, with a strong understanding of user-centered design.
- Portfolio samples of wires and sitemaps from previous projects
- Full understanding of how to apply the methodologies of interaction design to product development
- Understanding of brand, online strategy
- Must possess strong interaction design skills.
- Working understanding of SEO principles
- Demonstrated ability to document work using industry standard tools (Omnigraffle, Axure, or similar)
- Demonstrated experience analyzing data via Omniture SiteCatalyst, Google Analytics
- Prior experience in a consulting firm or agency preferred, prior experience in UI design for mobile devices a plus
- 5+ years of industry experience as an information architect, interaction designer or experience designer
- Bachelor's degree required; preferred in design-related discipline: Interaction, Information or Interface design; Human-Computer Interaction; Design Planning; Graphic Design; Communications