First off, I would like to thank all of you for the educational UX/UI conversations. It's been a great help in getting back into the UX community, thank you.
Second, I'm looking for a sidekick! A full-time UX/UI sidekick.
I work for a payment processing gateway company called USA ePay (think Square, Paypal, Authorize.net) in the Mid-Wilshire area of LA. We have a ton of products in the pipeline that cover the gamut of screens (not sure about Blackberry anymore though. Looking sketchy.). Native desktop & mobile apps as well as responsive web apps.
Here's what I'm looking for:
A junior User Interface Designer that can speak human, has a canny ability to design beautifully useful interfaces and garnish them with a pinch of personality and delight.
This is not an internship!
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work with people (tricky!)
• Ability to create detailed wireframes and graphics to feed our hungry engineers
• Ability to work well with others and in small groups. Don't bite. It's not cool
• Work on site. Sorry, no telecommuting
• Not afraid of a white board
• Not afraid to code
• Able to put yourself in the users shoes and think as the user
• Expert knowledge of Photoshop/Illustrator
• Is comfortable with any one of the bazillion wire framing/mock-up apps out there
• Strong knowledge of HTML 5 and CSS 3
• LESS, CoffeeScript and Twitter Bootstrap experience a big plus
• You have or had a side business and know what a merchant account is. Not key, but will help
• Positive Attitude :) No party pooppers!
Is that a unicorn?? I hope not!
If you or someone you know fits this description please email me with a pretty cover letter and a link(s) to your work.
DO NOT HIT REPLY on this email! If you do it will go to everyone one on this list! So please just email me directly. Everyone on the list will love you for that. :)
Have a great weekend!
Lead User Experience Cowboy