Your site is a great idea help people get things done!
I noticed a couple of things from the pntrst landing page:
- When I opened the page, I felt it's very packed, possibly because of the "head" image on top of each little pin, and the green/pink band drew my attention too. So whenever I tried to look at one item, my eyes were not very stable at it.
- The top buttons "Pin" "Track" "Confirm" looks like the step bar, but it does not really give me a sense that they are part of a step bar. Also, after I played around with the site for a while and I know how it works, I don't know what "Pin" was. After I clicked it, I knew it was to post a new task. Maybe you can consider a new name for it (though I think you're trying to use the word "pin" because the site is called "PinDone"). I looked at the current landing page, and the big pink box was a great way to track people's attention. Maybe you can still incorporate it in the page.
- For each item:
- "head" image and green/pink color band grabbed my attention so much - I think it's the title and description part that are more important. Esp. for the finished task, you can use just green texts instead of great background, because people care more what's not done yet.
- title & description part for the task is pretty clear
- the comment section
- not sure how the green "pins" work, will there be 5 pins if a runner got 5 or more tasks done? Personally I think the texts are good enough to show how great the runner is, if you do want to use the "pin" image, maybe use it as a decoration at each item's top?
- some comments do have format like this "name applied to run @ 11:28 AM Jun 29, 2012, commented @ 03:10PM Jun 29, 2012,
commented @ 03:109PM Jun 29, 2012,
commented @ 03:08PM Jun 29, 2012,
commented @ 01:10PM Jun 29, 2012" ... this looks really like a log, which other visitors don't really need to see, just keep it clean comment by some runner.
Just my 2 cents, hope this helps!!
On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 1:45 PM, Dannie Nguyen <[address removed]>
I've always enjoyed reading your idea threads so far! you are all wizz! =)
I'm working on improving my site landing page. I'm no expert so I'm hoping at least a few of you can give me some feedback about the new landing page. Here is the link: PinDone.com/pntrst
My goal of the landing page is to demonstrate how active and trustworthy our users are. Please note that this landing page is still work-in-progress and the "meet the runner" tab is being re-designed.
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
This message was sent by Dannie Nguyen ([address removed]) from The Los Angeles User Experience Meetup.
To learn more about Dannie Nguyen, visit his/her member profile
Set my mailing list to email me As they are sent | In one daily email | Don't send me mailing list messages
Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York[masked] | [address removed]
-- Yingying Zhang