|Sent on:||Wednesday, July 3, 2013 2:51 PM|
Our client located in West LA is seeking a Mobile UI Designer to join their team on a permanent hire basis. In this role, you will be responsible for each assigned project’s look-and-feel, and be expected to uphold the company’s high standard of design and execution. The successful candidate is expected to fully immerse him/herself in every project’s subject matter – becoming the expert for each project.
The Mobile UI Designer will become very familiar with the tone, emotion, and attitude of their mobile products. He/she must keep current with developments in relevant fields, new technologies, competitive trends, and emerging research. This is a Scrum environment, therefore the successful candidate will work closely with the rest of the core mobile team to assess, brainstorm, and articulate current and future elements on the Mobile Product Backlog. This role requires very strong communication skills.
• Assist in the conceptual development and design of mobile user interfaces
• Help define and support a long term strategy for our mobile product offerings
• Interpret design elements from communications with customers, product management, and software engineering
• Work with product team to construct mock-ups for new mobile projects
• One or more years of experience designing for iOS mobile applications and/or Android mobile
• Produce appropriate sketches, wireframes, navigation models, highly-polished look and feel drawings, illustrations, diagrams, etc. in a very iterative environment
• Mastery of color, layout, typography, and usability
• Proven experience defining, developing, documenting, and creating UX design and user interaction requirements/specifications. A solid understanding of user-centered design principles, excellent visual design skills, great technical know-how, and a proven expertise in interaction design
• Ability to interpret business and product ideas and translate those into presentable documents, as well as produce and express your own ideas in a format that is easy to understand and moves ideas forward from concept to launch
• Experience and knowledge in Adobe Photoshop
• An eye for detail and a proven track record producing consistent clean icons, graphics, and layouts for web and applications
• A strong understanding of modern web practices to create an efficient user-experience
• Excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills
• Experience with HTML5 & CSS3
• Understanding of ASP.NET a plus
• B.A., B.S., or B.F.A. preferred, but not required
Sr. Resource Development Manager - ModisIT
Modis Circle of Excellence Award Recipient - 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007
222 N. Sepulveda Blvd. Suite 130
El Segundo, CA 90245
On January 1, 2011, Modis joined forces with Ajilon Consulting to create a true powerhouse in the field of IT staffing. In the complex world of information technology, the new Modis will connect you to the right talent, the right opportunities and the right answers. Let us help you make exceptional connections.