The Los Angeles User Experience Meetup Message Board The Los Angeles User Experience Meetup Discussion Forum › User Experience Design Scholarship at General Assembly

User Experience Design Scholarship at General Assembly

Crystal Ehrlich, U...
Group Organizer
Santa Monica, CA

The Los Angeles User Experience Meetup group is pleased to announce that we've partnered with General Assembly LA to bring two exclusive $1,000 scholarships for their 12 week intensive User Experience Design course.

This course offers a truly unique opportunity to learn User Experience in a small classroom environment with an emphasis on a practical, hands-on education that yields demonstrable results.

General Assembly's course curricula are reverse engineered from key objectives identified by hiring partners as necessary skills and experience that UX designers need to work on real projects. Thus, the lectures, assigned work, projects, and exercises are productized, interactive, and extremely lab-oriented. Class size is topped at 20 with 1 instructor and 1 TA as well as office hours outside of class.

In addition to getting the opportunity to design web pages while receiving feedback from instructors and peers, graduates will leave with a portfolio of sample work and an improved ability to explain and defend key design and structural decisions.

Here are the course details:

What: User Experience Design Course

When: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6:30-8:30pm starting Dec 4th ending March 5th

Holidays: Dec 25, 27, Jan 1

Where: General Assembly LA (1520 2nd Street, Santa Monica, CA 90401)

Price: $4,000 // $3,000 with scholarship

More information about General Assembly LA >>

View the course syllabus >>

Apply for the $1,000 Scholarship Now

For more information about General Assembly, or any other questions, please contact la@generalassemb.ly­. I hope that some of you can take advantage of this unique opportunity.

Sincerely,

Crystal & The Los Angeles User Experience Meetup leadership team
Louis E.
user 68897372
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 1
This seems geared towards people who have no UX experience at all. Am I mistaken?
A former member
Post #: 1
Louis,

Correct. This course is more directed towards the novice to moderate UX designer. The content will be best delivered to people who are currently working on a product and having trouble applying UX best practices and qualitative processes to their actual product. I like to think of this course as a protected environment to start doing, rather than be told what to do and how to do it.

The info session will be on Monday November 19th from 6-7pm at 1520 2nd Street, Santa Monica. Sign up/more info here.

Email me at charley@generalassemb.ly if you have any other questions, happy to hop on the phone or meet up in person!