addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Los Angeles User Experience Meetup Message Board › UX Designer Looking for Pro Bono

UX Designer Looking for Pro Bono

Edric
user 9870664
Long Beach, CA
Post #: 1
Hi All,

I'm nearing the end of my HCI graduate program at Depaul and will be working on a capstone project from September until November. The capstone project is essentially a final graduate project that forces me to utilize everything that I have learned so far on a real world design problem. This requires me to find a real-world client that needs UX/IA design work done. I'm browsing around for potential projects and was wondering if any one knows of any pro-bono work? I already work as a UX Designer at a digital agency and this would exist completely outside of my job. It would be me normally doing my classwork outside of work.

Note that this does not include development or visual design, so someone in the end would have to finish that still. I am essentially providing full-service UX. The end deliverable is likely to include all the user research I've conducted, IA and/or conceptual deliverables, prototyping work/results, and some final format like wireframes or a prototype that is ready for graphics and development. One thing is that the client would have to be okay with all of the design work being publicly viewable, as my class will constantly be critiquing and analyzing deliverables and methodologies.

If this is okay, let me know if you know of someone that has an idea or design problem. Free UX work guys!

Thanks,
Edric
Sierra K.
SierraKulak
Burbank, CA
Post #: 28
Hey Edric,

Did you find a project yet? Try posting on NELAUX or Innovate Pasadena -- lot's of start ups in there.
Edric
user 9870664
Long Beach, CA
Post #: 2
Thanks Sierra, will do!