The Los Angeles User Experience Meetup Message Board › Looking for a UX genius - Culver City
|A former member||
We are a small and innovative interactive agency, and we're growing fast. We need a real thought leader to begin our UX discipline in earnest. Our projects range from interactive marketing to enterprise software, and we support our own entrepreneurial interests as well as executing work for clients. This position will be a great opportunity for someone looking for a long-term commitment.
-Act as an advocate for the user, creating structures that help users accomplish their goals quickly and easily.
-Work with clients to understand business objectives and turn those into actionable Website features and functionality
-Work directly with creative team to develop intuitive user interfaces. A creative background or experience creating storyboards is a plus.
-Work directly with technologists to develop use cases and functional specifications documents.
-Develop organizational models, navigation, and taxonomy
-Contribute to strategy sessions with competitive, environmental, user and landscape reviews.
-Contribute to usability testing by developing stimuli and participate in analysis of results.
-Must be able to travel.
-Author/Co-author the following documents:
---Page Architectures (Wireframes, Schematics)
The ideal candidate will:
• Have at least 5 years as an information architect working on complex, large-scale projects with large teams
• Have experience working with creative project teams
• Have experience in client interactions and presentations
• Have an in-depth understanding of user-centered design theory and practice
• Have a mastery of the capabilities of web technologies
• Have experience with startups
• Have experience with established brand bringing a product or service online
• Be fascinated by latest trends in technology including wireless and interactive television
• Understand revenue models and measure against them
• Know how to track and analyze performance metrics of a site and document accordingly
• Internalize the motivations of today's web user
• Be an excellent communicator, teacher
• Have worked with creative project teams
• Be involved in market / industry somehow
• Have excellent writing and presentation skills and can supply samples
BA in social sciences, information sciences, marketing, business, or design is required.
Additional experience in emerging technologies (wireless, iTV, etc.), brand development, online marketing, metrics reporting systems and analytical methods preferred. Superior proficiency in Visio is required.
United Future (UF) develops, designs and markets interactive experiences for brands on the Web, wireless and on-demand television environments. A division of WONGDOODY, UF's core competencies run the gamut from state-of-the-art marketing techniques to emerging technologies and application development.
Please email your information to firstname.lastname@example.org.