East Side(Seattle) Investor's Business Daily Meetup Group Message Board East Side Investor's Business Daily Meetup Group Discussion Forum › New Event: Basic CANSLIM Investing Seminar - May 20th

New Event: Basic CANSLIM Investing Seminar - May 20th

stephen
se_swadley
Group Organizer
Auburn, WA
Hi Group

Those of you who have recently attended the Eastside IBD Meetup know that I have been putting the meeting agenda to together in such a way that we focus on both more advanced IBD/CANSLIM concepts and basic concepts. Ned Purcival has done a great job in the last 3 meetings speaking about the fundamentals of using the tools available in both the Investors Business Daily Newspaper and Investors .com to build a watch list and expand to your education on IBD concepts & more advanced tools. He spoke about the basic chart patterns and chart reading at the last meeting.

I also attend the Seattle IBD Meetup and frequently am a presenter for that group as well as moderating the Eastside group. I know from my own experience that it takes an investment of time and effort to start to feel comfortable with the vocabulary and ideas behind William O'Neils investing techniques. It also takes a lot of repetition to break through from basic to advanced. Since our group is growing since being reconstituted with a true IBD/ CANSLIM focus and the group includes more advanced as well more novice investors, I felt like a special event to catch up the "newbies" might be helpful. With that in mind I have teamed with the Seattle IBD Meetup group organizer to plan a special event on the fundamentals on a Saturday afternoon so we don't have the presures of the commute & week night hours. The announcement e-mail that Stephanie Greenall and I composed follows. I hope those of you who feel the need for a primer treatment of the IBD/CANSLIM methods or could use a refresher would plan to attend. The Event will be posted on the website so please RSVP or express your intentions to help us with planning.

If you have questions or comments please call or e-mail me.

Steve Swadley
206-715-7990
se.swadley@comcast.net

Announcing a new event for The Seattle Investor's Business Daily Meetup Group!

What: Basic CANSLIM Investing Seminar - May 20th

When: Saturday, May 20, 1:00 PM

Event fee: $15.00 per person

Where: Click the link below to find out!

Event Description: This seminar is a basic presentation of the CANSLIM investing method.

It will be benificial not only for beginners to the method but also to refresh the concepts for those who are more experienced.

The seminar will be taught by a variety of speakers taken from both the Seattle and Eastside groups. The seminar is divided into two Saturday sessions.

The first seminar will include the following topics. Topic number one will be an explaination of the CANSLIM acronoym. The second topic will be chart reading, including basic chart patterns. The third topic involves using the IBD tools to fill your buy list.

The seminar will be held at Lifeplus Health Center on Saturday, May 20th from 1pm to 4pm with a social afterwards. The price will be $15.00 per IBD member. If you have any friends or family, or know investors interested in expanding their knowledge, they are more that welcome to come. The cost per guest is $7.00.

Because during the regular monthly meetings there is a time constraint, we are really excited to have this one day basic explanation of the CANSLIM investing method. We are also excited to
http://ibd.meetup.com...­
bring together the different groups, to expand our CANSLIM community. Not only are the Seattle, Eastside and Kitsap peninsula groups invited but also other Puget Sound groups. We feel this seminar will be very helpful to all who attend.

We will send out infromation on the second seminar at a later date.

Thanks,

Stephanie Greenall and Steve Swadley

Learn more and RSVP here:
http://ibd.meetup.com...­