This is our regular Xmas slot. We usually drink all day until closing time at 11pm, or later, with dinner break half way through. If you arrive after 1.30pm, ask the bar staff to point out the host as we will usually have started drinking by then.
Beginners are very welcome but only if you are registered as an unsupervised drinker and can use a wine list, buy a drink and consume alcohol safely without help.
It doesn't matter what grade you drink at, whether you come alone or with other people, or when you arrive or leave -- there will be someone to drink with and the host for the evening will make sure you are introduced and learn about how we operate. We're an informal, friendly group so just turn up and join in!
Drinking with Ben is an inherently dangerous activity, which could cause personal injury or death. Attendees at any South East Climbing and Social events should be aware of and accept the risks and be responsible for their own actions and involvement.
Festivities will commence from1-1.30pm at the Royal Albert in Deptford where we shall begin the crawl through 8 other pubs having a drink in each until arriving at the Pelton Arms for live music and cocktails.
For anyone who does not so far understand – this social event will involve the consumption of alcohol throughout the whole day. Anyone turning up on the afternoon of December 8th asking “So what are we doing now” will be met with ridicule from the host followed by indiscriminate abuse throughout the day, possibly causing offense.
If you should like to join in at any point in the day then give me a call and find out where we are or will be. [masked]
1. Royal Albert. 460 New Cross Road, SE14 6TJ Tel:[masked]
2. The Dog & Bell. 116 Prince Street, SE8 3JD Tel:[masked]
3. The Ashburnham Arms. 25 Ashburnham Grove, SE10 8UH Tel:[masked]
4. The Greenwich Union. 56 Royal Hill, SE10 8RT Tel:[masked]
5. The Richard the 1st. 52-54 Royal Hill, SE10 8RT Tel:[masked]
6.The Old Brewery. Old Royal Naval College, SE10 9LW Tel:[masked]
7. The Trafalgar Tavern. 6 Park Row, SE10 9NG Tel:[masked]
8. The Cutty Sark Tavern. 4-6 Ballast Quay, SE10 9PD Tel:[masked]
9. The Pelton Arms. 23-25 Pelton Road, SE10 9PQ Tel:[masked]
Checking travel times for transport home is advisable prior to joining this meetup as this is often forgotten, disregarded and sometimes leads to a major loss of sense of humour waiting at a bus stop in SE London.