Key Skills: Java, MySQL, Game server development
Additional Skills: Flash, PHP, Facebook APIs
Location: New York City
• Work with the product team and game designers to understand requirements and flesh out technical designs.
• Provide technical leadership and judiciously create project plans and delegate tasks to the development team.
• Evaluate candidate technical solutions exhaustively presenting relevant alternatives and justifications.
• Convert technical design into high quality working code using patterns
such as MVC / etc., and 3rd party solutions like SmartFoxServer (“SFS”)
game server / etc.
• Use relevant Agile methodologies to manage the development lifecycle
and provide iterative development and output to business team.
• Fix and minimize defects in the product using optimum coding
guidelines / unit testing during development. And use the most effective
tools for bug reporting and fixing.
• Evaluate usability of product and optimize for increased productivity of end user.
• Define and deliver an effective deployment plan inclusive of regression / scalability test cycles.
• Create a viable application support strategy and plan post deployment.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field; Master's degree preferred; Sun Java certifications preferred.
• Excellent application programming skills in Java. Experience in Flash, PHP is a plus.
• Should have very good knowledge of XML technologies, SOAP, JSON, Web Services.
• Should be able to independently design and implement databases. Knowledge of SQL is a must.
• Experience in building high volume, low latency server applications is a must.
• Experience in game development. Knowledge of 3rd party game servers
such as SmartFoxServer (“SFS”), and Flash based games on Facebook
platform is a plus.
• Experience in developing and supporting large scale applications (many features, platforms, users, release cycles).
• Strong leadership skills.
• Ability to be creative and innovative.
• Strong communication skills with ability to translate technology points to non-technology points
If you are interested in this job, please submit your MS-Word resume to lana/at/capitalmarketsp.com
Your resume will not be shared with anyone without your consent
Welcome to the official Meetup group for the NYC chapter of the IGDA (International Game Developers Association)! Our mission is to promote and support the game development industry in New York City. For more information, visit the official group page at http://igda.org/nyc.