|Sent on:||Thursday, September 18, 2008 1:53 PM|
I am currently working on a retained search for the world’s largest networked multiplayer community for students based in NYC. They are currently looking for a creative DBA/web administrator and a VP of Technology. They are a well funded start-up with closed series B and already generating revenue. Details are below and please contact me in confidence for further details[masked], please do not reply to this email alternatively use: [address removed]. Competitive compensation based on experience. Thank you all for your assistance in networking!
Job Description: Database and Web Site Administrator
· Minimum 2 years experience required in installing, upgrading and maintaining Microsoft SQL server, client and application software
· Minimum 2 years experience required with PHP and XML
· Managing different levels of privileges. For example - teachers would see different information than students
· Must have MS Windows Server and Windows networking skills
· Excellent listening, written and oral communications
· Manage time and communication efforts to maximize efficiency
· Aptitude to learn quickly and effectively
· Capability to multi-task
· Ability to work independently as well as be a team player
· Capacity to remain focused in a team-oriented environment
· Must have good communications and documentation skills.
· The candidate is able to work in a team environment, work independently and proactively as needed to identify problems and find solutions.
· Must be a self started who is self motivated
· Quicktime and Flash experience a plus
· Game Company Experience a plus
· Design, install, configure, maintain and support SQL Server databases. Maintain any update patches
· Make changes to web site as needed
· Optimize code
· Create databases as needed from information collected from web sites, email engines, the game itself and other sources
· Create SQL Replication, Stored Procedure and Triggers when required
· Monitor and troubleshoot databases to optimize database performance, resource use and perform daily check of all the SQL related processes
· Provide support of all access to data contained in a database from various applications as well as data retrieval for application analysis
· Database related software installation, upgrades, maintenance and troubleshooting, including client modules and web modules
· Database Security, Backup and Recovery and the Disaster Recovery Planning.
· Provide technical assistance to other offices administrators on SQL related issues and upgrades
· Maintain and support of full-text index databases on Windows and Unix servers.
· Provide project support for application upgrades, including research, testing, and implementation
· Maintain thorough documentation on installation, troubleshooting and procedures
We’re building the world’s largest educational gaming community, so we’re looking for a VP of Technology that has the vision, the creativity, and the boldness to create a solid and flexible infrastructure that would allow millions of students around the globe to enter into and engage in educational game-play with each other in 2D and 3D multiplayer environments.
Advise on and
manage all technology infrastructure buying and implementation decisions,
choice of game engines, web development packages, and server infrastructure
Build a team of fun, world class, and committed tech talent
Develop and build
network solutions that can support the impact of millions of users in
socially networked games
Manage all tech-related budgets utilizing creative, cost-saving solutions everywhere
implement flexible tech solutions that can work in and around challenging tech
environments (i.e. schools)
7+ years of
technology management experience, preferably in fast-growing videogame or
networking start-up environments
Strong background in
web based applications, custom development projects, software, tools, package
evaluations, hardware and network infrastructure planning, technology architecture design
Strong background in applications and IT architecture
Avid gamer with deep respect for both hard-core and casual game experience
Experience in use
and development of social networking applications and infrastructure such as
companies such as Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, and Ning, among others
Understanding of the
importance of the viral-loop concept in user acquisition, with experience in
implementing such solutions in technology
Interesting hobbies recommended
Senior Search Consultant
International Search Partners
member: SDHHRA, NEWH, SDMPI-committee chair
ü Please think green and consider the environment before printing this email.
This email message originally included an attachment.