The Orlando Improv Meetup Group Message Board › Welcome letter

Welcome letter

Valerie I.
user 10298389
Windermere, FL
Hi there, everyone! My name is Val, and I'll be leading improv 101 workshop with you awesome guys and girls, starting Monday, July 28th :)
I'm really excited about it, and want to share a few details, guidelines, philosophy, and objectives.

The main objective of 101 workshop is to help you feel free to experience your surroundings. Improv is based on being in the moment, and discovering things as you go.

So, initially, it comes down to increasing an individual's ability for experiencing, which would be, firstly, getting out of the head.

In order to achieve this objective, we will need:

• Safe and supportive environment, in which a person will feel free to let go and experience present moment more vividly.

• Activities that bring about spontaneity.

Spontaneity re-forms us back into ourselves, peeling off layers of handed down social frames, and it may require some stretching:)
It is my priority to create such an environment of trust and support that will make a process fun and easy! We will focus on creating such an atmosphere together, and then jump into some group games and exercises. It will be fun!

I find improv to be the best tool for personal and creative liberation. I'm originally from Russia, where people are very reserved; showing my feelings and emotions, and even letting somebody be in my "bubble" required stretching and pushing my boundaries. Yet it's a ton of fun, when you're surrounded by people, who support you!

Technical moments.

We are still looking for bigger space, and you're welcome to share your ideas, resources. The space we are using now is limited, so please, if you RSVP'd YES do show up, because we need to know head count, and if you can't make it change your RSVP accordingly. If you have any questions, you can shoot me an email at teplera@yahoo.com, or reach me at 407-766-0396.

Park behind Antonio's Pizza, and we will be meeting at Sister Space. Entrance is on Mills rd side, next to nails salon, facing Pictures and Hobby. You will see glass door, with stairs, walk up, first room on your right #649.

I will see you all on Monday!