A course to last a lifetime
This weekend, you’ll experience activities that build your confidence. You'll meet the main principles of improvisation in an atmosphere of safety and support. These classes will bring you out of your shell, so that you can enjoy the more outgoing aspects of your personality.
If you tend to stay silent and sometimes go unnoticed, you'll learn how to articulate your ideas so that they will be heard and so that you can make an impact in groups and social settings. You will learn to bring your hidden resources into the open and put them to good use. You’ll sample many of the ways that improvisation can quickly develop your skills, so you can start to apply the ideas in your life and work straight away.
Improvisation concepts include spontaneity, speaking, listening, storytelling, and making one’s partner look good.
Who is this course for?
Here are some questions that can help you decide if this course is for you:
Would you like to ...
• Feel more spontaneous, creative and confident on the stage of life?
• Reduce feelings of shame and inner critique?
• Go beyond small talk when meeting new people?
• Try new behaviours and practice risk-taking in a safe and supportive environment?
• Do something new and fun?
Do you sometimes ...
• Worry about what other people think of you?
• Tend to stay silent and keep your thoughts to yourself during difficult conversations?
• Go unnoticed in group discussions?
• Hide in your shell and avoid leaving your comfort zone?
• Find it difficult to speak when put on the spot?
If you answered 'Yes' to any of the above questions, then you'll find that the Improvisation for Life course will have something for you.
Cost: £180.00 + VAT
Please book in advance here.
To find out more about improvisation and professional development, take a look at our Improvisation at Work course.