Every Thursday, from 2 May to 13 June 2013,
7.30 pm to 10 pm
Suitable for improvers and advanced players.
Concession price for all members of this meetup:
£129 instead of £165 for all 7 sessions (YOU BOOK WITH A £45 DEPOSIT).
The last session of this cycle, on the 13 June, consists of a public performance. Advanced classes do not cover the basics of improvisation but concentrate on commitment, composition and staged performance. In this class you will develop your stage crafts and improvisation skills in order to relate to a live audience. You will achieve this by playing games and by drilling original performing formats. We are aiming at transformation. “Creativity is not the clever rearranging of the known.” – Viola Spolin.
- Awareness through relaxation and sensory awakening;
- Cooperation through goodwill, common rules and complicity;
- Flow through simplicity, engagement and play;
- Commitment through focus, confidence and staying-power;
- Composition through serendipity, rhythm and disruption;
- Storytelling through vulnerability, provocation and transformation;
- Pleasure through shared courage and accomplishment.
You can also book on imprology's website:
“This course gives you incomparable social skills and self awareness. Magnificent . I'm so glad I took it. And first class facilitator as well.” Jenny Glanville, Hypnotherapist
"The facilitator was clearly very experienced and truly excellent, although it was my first experience of that type of thing another participant who had been doing it for years said that the facilitator was the best he had ever experienced." Ruth Whaling, Psychologist
"I cannot remember when I last enjoyed myself so much. The experience of learning to freely play nonsensical games in gibberish, finding our own internal narrative logic was liberating, exciting and incredibly satisfying. Afterwards I felt all my bones had settled back into place." Katharine Messenger, Actor