In Focus Photography Meetup Message Board › Cast your vote!

Cast your vote!

Rae
TheLuvelyRae
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Many thanks to those who were able to make it out to the shoot today and a special thanks to Greg and Anton for setting up the lights.

Just a reminder: if you attended the shoot today, I will email everyone the model release forms. Photos can be uploaded to the group page whenever you are ready. You do not have to email them invidually to the models.

So as I played mistress of Wardrobe and Hairstylist today, I got to thinking. It's time to take a vote. I want to hear from our members, what the most important aspects of a shoot are to them. Hey, I'm not the most creative Hairstylist what can I say. Please take a moment to complete our 60 second poll and let us know what makes a shoot worthwhile for you.

Poll: http://www.meetup.com/in-focus/polls/748352/?showVote=1­

The next shoot is March 17th. I've emailed the location I'm hoping to book. Will announce soon.

-Rae
T M.
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 5
A little additional information about my vote:

not necessarily industry standard but models who know how to pose and express different emotions

hot models as in the more exotic the better

make up that is creative not just covering imperfections

yeah hair that moves or is distinctive. for sure no bed heads or bad hair days (I've actually been at shoots where this was a problem.) Not necessarily styled for the shoot but just models with edgy style.

As they say in real estate: location, location, location. But while it's cold I'd say studio, studio, studio. Be about both.

Wardrobe maybe we can get some new designers doing some interesting things. Models that have their own sense of style ... one that's different than what you could wear to a law office, or to use the overused: edgy.

There wasn't a question about themes. I like them and think they make this group distinctive. There's a lot of meetups for straight pin up, figure, glamor. fashion.

Be aware, however, following my ideas may lead to poor attendance. ;-)