In Between Stitches Message Board › Rules - Carpooling for New Members

Rules - Carpooling for New Members

Mitzi
Organizer_Mitzi
Group Organizer
Snohomish, WA
Post #: 40
I have had a few emails now from people wanting to join our group but needing rides to each meeting they want to attend. While as I sympathize that they are not able to drive, I can not be responsible for transportation nor do I feel it is appropriate for me as the organizer to ask our members to pick up strangers and bring them to a meeting. Please know that our groups rule is that I as the organizer am prohibited from getting involved in transportation due to legal liabilities. I realize this might sound extreme at first but I am not going to risk my ladies safety wink

Below is the email that will go out to new members who ask for rides. Thank you all for your understanding in this issue. We definitely want new members but we also have to protect our safety and we are lucky enough to have our meetups where there is definite transportation accessible areas for people to use.

----Email that will be sent for new members or people who email interested in our group seeking rides----

Thank you for your interest in In Between Stitches. Our specific group through Meetup.com has rules about carpooling and I am prohibited from getting involved in transportation because it is a legal liability. You are welcome to attend a meeting and get to know members and try to arrange something. Our meetups are bus friendly and one of our meetups is in Everett at Michaels. There is an Everett Transit bus stop in the parking lot so the bus system can bring you right to one of the meetups. Our other meetup is in Snohomish & the bus drops you off 2 blocks from where we meet. Our attendance is always full but the same people coming is always changing due to schedules of each family so you would have to join the group and attend a meeting or 2 to meet people, have them comfortable with you (since they don't know you) and possibly arrange for carpooling.
Mitzi
Organizer_Mitzi
Group Organizer
Snohomish, WA
Post #: 49
As an FYI: We no longer meet at Michaels in Everett but we're in Monroe a few blocks off of Hwy 2 on Saturdays. See the event for the address.