Central Jersey Indie Film Message Board › "Night Moves" aka "Strangers In The Night"

"Night Moves" aka "Strangers In The Night"

Dave
user 79205372
East Brunswick, NJ
Post #: 1
Hi all,

Just a quick message thanking Tom and the group for allowing me to helm this project.

I do not have any shoot dates yet, nor will I know of available dates until I can complete all of my pre-pro stuff.

A few notes:

I plan on having an Open Casting Call for the 2 main leads as well as the drunk. I will encourage those of you who might fit the descriptions of those characters to audition. The other roles, the bartender, other bar patrons will come directly from the group. I don't have a set date for this just yet. Let me figure out all the logistics first, and then it will fall into place. I will need to find an adequate space for the open call, so if anyone here has any "free" suggestions, please let me know. When I have the call, it will happen on either a Sat or Sun in the later part of the morning, early afternoon. Central NJ is the best locale if we can find one.

Locations. Yes, we need 2 please. A bar and either access to someone's bedroom and bathroom, or a motel room that I do not have to pay for smile

Both need to be either "free" to use or a really, REALLY cheap expense. No extra cash in my pockets to shell out, outside of normal odds and ends for the production.

I will start to think about the crew list requirements and let you all know what I need. If possible, I'd love to see some work that some of you have for specific areas, DP, Sound, Lighting, Editing, etc. Short pieces are preferable, as my mind is rolling faster then a locomotive at the moment, and my attention span might be a little off. Brain surgery will do that to you wink

When I am ready to do so, we will have production meetings for this. After "Faceless" of course.

The game plan would be to ideally shoot this in 2 days. The bar I would like to get in and out of within 8 hours, to allow them to do their evening business. The bedroom/bathroom will be trickier and will probably require more time, so the potential is there for a longer then 8 hour day.

Looking forward to working with all of you in the near future!

Dave
george l.
user 81042662
Middletown, NJ
Post #: 1
Hello,

I enjoyed the meeting and liked both of the scripts. I'm not an actor and have no technical skills but would be happy to help lug equipment or PA. I'd also be interesting in looking for locations, I live in Keansburg and we have a few run down bars that might work.

The "Strangers" plot reminded me of The Harvest, one of my favorite Miguel Ferrer movies. Here's the imdb link in case anyone is interested: http://www.imdb.com/t...­

George
Dave
user 79205372
East Brunswick, NJ
Post #: 2
George,

Glad to have met you at the meeting. Got your message and replied. And yes, reading the synopsis for "The Harvest", I can see some slight similarities, but this will indeed be a totally original film smile

Hope to chat with you in the near future.

Dave
george l.
user 81042662
Middletown, NJ
Post #: 2
Stupid question: The guys in a tub of ice water at the end, does that mean he had his kidney taken? Are we supposed to think that?
Dave
user 79205372
East Brunswick, NJ
Post #: 3
No such thing as a stupid question, George.

Yes, he has an organ, or organs removed. Not specific in original draft, but I have slightly revised it with some character actions in the end to show that.

Welcome aboard!