Announcing a new Meetup for NY Filmmakers and Actors Who Just Want To Make Stuff!
What: Pre-Production/Planning Meeting
When: Thursday, February 25,[masked]:00 PM
Whole Foods Market
95 E Houston St
New York, NY 10002
Due to popular demand, we're happy to schedule our next meeting of the New York City Film Collective! This meeting will be a get-to-know-ya meeting, as well as a planning session for future projects. Ideas for future projects include: spec commercials, video contests, music videos, short films and much more! We're open to everything, so bring your ideas. Also, even if your particular project isn't selected by the group, this will be a good place to meet other people who might want to collaborate with you.
Who should come:
- Leaders! We need people with big ideas, good planning skills, and the commitment to follow through and help make an idea into reality.
- Newbies - never touched a camera, but interested in learning more about filmmaking? This is the place to get some hands on experience.
- Professionals - looking for cast and crew for your next project? Our group is a great place to network and meet other film folks.
- Crew - Got some spare lights hanging around? A camera that you love to operate? Have a boom pole or a few mics? Our group is a collective that makes things happen using the collective resources of the group. So if you have something you'd like to share come on out and tell us about it.
- Actors - Of course every project needs actors! Be sure to bring plenty of business cards!
- Writers - sitting on a short film that you'd love to see come to life? Bring your pitch and find others who can help you produce it.
So, bring your ideas, bring your business cards, and bring the excitement! If you have a script or an idea for a project, please upload it to the Files section of the group and drop one of the organizers a line so we can let everyone know about it. It's much better if we have a chance to look at your ideas before the meeting.
Looking forward to seeing you all soon!
Learn more here:http://indiefilm.meetup.com/196/calendar/12591679/