NY Filmmakers and Actors Who Just Want To Make Stuff Message Board › Deadline Extended: Short Film Competition

Deadline Extended: Short Film Competition

Erin Bundra
user 37433642
New York, NY
Post #: 8
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Hi All,

I wanted to let you and your members know that the Forum on Law, Culture & Society is extending the entry deadline for our Short Film Competition on a legal theme to July 27, 2012.

Winning shorts will be screened during the seventh annual Forum Film Festival in New York City in October 2012. Each year the Forum’s Film Festival features renowned filmmakers, actors, writers, journalists, public intellectuals, and members of the legal profession. The Film Festival also attracts overflowing and diverse crowds of film enthusiasts, which provides a great platform for showcasing your winning work. Past Forum guests have included acclaimed film directors Oliver Stone and Robert Benton, actor and director Bob Balaban, screenwriters Henry Bean and Larry A. Gross, and actors Alec Baldwin and Richard Dreyfuss.

Students (of any age or grade), independent filmmakers, and amateur/aspiring filmmakers are all invited to enter.

Submission form and rules: www.law.fordham.edu/shortfilms­

Competition judges include director of the Undergraduate Film Studies at Columbia University/film historian Annette Insdorf, Oscar-nominated/Emmy-winning documentary filmmaker Daniel Anker, Symphony Space co-founder/founding artistic director Isaiah Sheffer, actor/film professor Mark Ethan, and actor Ronald Guttman ("Mad Men"/Hunt for Red October/August Rush/27 Dresses).

Please feel free to contact me with any questions. Members interested in submitting may also email me to be kept in informed about latest competition updates.

Best,

Erin Bundra

Director of the Forum Short Film Competition
Forum on Law, Culture & Society
erin.bundra@forumonlawcultureandsociet­y.org