addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Ann Arbor Film Fans Meetup Group Message Board › New Event: The Lives of Others (Das Leben der Anderen) - 2nd Attempt

New Event: The Lives of Others (Das Leben der Anderen) - 2nd Attempt

Andy
APKasten
Ann Arbor, MI
Announcing a new event for The Ann Arbor Indie/Classic Film Meetup Group!

What: The Lives of Others (Das Leben der Anderen) - 2nd Attempt

When: Wednesday, April 25, 6:45 PM

Event fee: USD8.50 per person

Where: Click the link below to find out!

Event Description: We'll try this again, only at a more reasonable time! (And this time I got the German title right. And I call myself a student of German?)

"It's precisely by challenging our need for good and bad stereotypes that makes this film ultimately captivating and, with the twists in the end, highly rewarding." - Eric Hansen, HOLLYWOOD REPORTER

Academy Award® for Best Foreign Language Film. At once a riveting political thriller and moving human drama, The Lives of Others begins in East Berlin in 1984, five years before Glasnost and the fall of the Berlin Wall and ultimately arrives in 1991, in what is now the reunited Germany. The Lives of Others traces the gradual disillusionment of Captain Gerd Wiesler (Ulrich Mühe), a highly skilled officer who works for the Stasi, East Germany?s all-powerful secret police. His mission is to spy on a celebrated writer and actress couple, Georg Dreyman (Sebastian Koch) and Christa-Maria Sieland (Martina Gedeck). Rated R. 137 minutes. German with subtitles.

Learn more here:
http://indiefilm.meet...­