addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Ann Arbor Film Fans Meetup Group Message Board › New Meeting: A2 film fest, dinner @Connor O'neils, clubbing @ LIVE + our new

New Meeting: A2 film fest, dinner @Connor O'neils, clubbing @ LIVE + our new name!

Ryan
user 2395053
Ann Arbor, MI
Announcing a new meeting for The Ann Arbor Film Fans Meetup Group!

What: A2 film fest, dinner @Connor O'neils, clubbing @ LIVE + our new name!

When: Saturday, March 29, 3:30 PM

Where: Click the link below to find out!

Who should come: EVERYBODY who loves film, food and... FUN!

Why: Because I command it so.

Meeting Description: A2 film fest, dinner @ Connor O'Neills, clubbing @ LIVE + our new name!

First off you may have noticed we've changed our name! Do not panic, remain calm, stop drop and roll.

First, we thought we don't show foriegn films so often (though we still like them and will continue to show anything suggested). Also, as independent films seemingly become less independent and with 'indie' used as a label slapped on lots of films for street cred, a bit of a clarification was due. Indie and faux indie films will still be the main focus.

Plus we're not huge film snobs (only a bit) we like a good blockbuster now and again (did someone say Batman: The Dark Knight, or Indiana Jones 4)! Hope we have not scared anyone off and we get even more participation, this is after all a venue for socializing above all!

I really hope we get more activity going and more suggestions, this is not my group it is YOURS! SO... Don't be shy, come out and see us if you have not done so yet and spread the word if you like what we are about! We are all very open and friendly and love new faces. Also longtime member or new...please do make suggestions for films, post film hangout spots or whatever. If you'd like to host a movie at the theatre or have a potluck in your home please do! Get in touch with me or another organizer and we will gladly help out.

I've posted a new event as well. The Saturday 3:30 screening at this years film fest sounded good...

Sat Mar 29th 3:30pm Mich Theatre $6.00 (student) $8.00 (adult)

Break in the Chain of Light - short film series

Run time: 76 min.
Inscriptions of natural forces onto material consciousness.

THE LOST STAR
When the creation was new and all the stars shone in their first splendor, the gods held their assembly in the sky and sang `Oh, the picture of perfection! the joy unalloyed!' But one cried of a sudden---`It seems that somewhere there is a break in the chain of light and one of the stars has been lost.' The golden string of their harp snapped, their song stopped, and they cried in dismay ---`Yes, that lost star was the best, she was the glory of all heavens!' From that day the search is unceasing for her, and the cry goes on from one to the other that in her the world has lost its one joy! Only in the deepest silence of night the stars smile and whisper among themselves ---`Vain is this seeking! unbroken perfection is over all!'

-Rabindranath Tagore, Gitanjali, 1912

Featuring (in screening order):
Three Hours, Fifteen Minutes Before the Hurrican Struck (Christina Battle)
Elements of Nothing (Takashi Makino)
Brilliant Noise (Semiconductor)
The Breath (Minyong Jang)
Observando El Cielo (Jeanne Liotta)
What the Water Said 4-6 (David Gatten)
More info at aafilmfest.org

AFTER the film:
I thought we'd gather at Conor O'Neills Irish Pub/Restaraunt (Main St. A2) for drinks and dinner....and drinks.

After that anything's possible as the night is still young! I thought perhaps LIVE at PJ's (102 S. first st. A2) a big venue with a DJ and plenty of spots to chill out and a dance floor for gettin' in on....

Hope everyone is doing well and thawing out!

Cheers,
Ryan

Learn more here:
http://indiefilm.meet...­