For aficionados of independent live music, lo-fi club culture and those who generally dig London's left-field creative scene.
Indie, (for me,) is a broad church, so this group will embrace a wide range of genres and (crazy-shit) sub-genres including: electro, post-rock, surf, neo-psychedelia, core, math, alt-folk, shoegaze, post-punk, dubstep, darkwave, nu-rave, lo-fi, electro-clash, industrial - not forgetting jangly, skinny-jeaned, guitar-driven indie for the purists out there.
We might even go to Cafe Oto once in a while. (I have a manual for that)
AND THIS IS WHAT WHAT WE'LL DO:
* Be adventurous.
* Get on the tube (yes, even when its snowing) and check out a whole host of interesting, under-the-radar bands - mostly for under a tenner, or better still free.
* Support niche venues and good promoters.
* Indulge in messy club nights, in badly lit basements.
* Consume alcohol.
* Swan around the odd London festival looking moody (ie lost) cradling a bottle of beer
* Schedule in a monthly chat/drink thing (I believe this is all the rage) in some sketchy pub or suspicious-looking bar, and debate such burning issues as a) The best night-bus route home from Dalston to Ealing b) what fate should befall punters who film gigs on iPads (I have a few suggestions). c) whether witch house is simply spooky chillwave, with marginally better marketing
* Diversify now and then, by including non-music indie events - film, art, etc
* Use this as an opportunity to simply hang with like-minded, music-loving people, and watch bands, dance, chat shit, debate music, drink, flirt, fall over, nurse your hangover, complain to everyone about how badly this group is run, rinse and repeat...
So if you fancy another music meetup to add to your already over-burdened calendar Here.It.Is
Seize the moment. Support live music. Be a small part of history.
Peace out. Eden
Music industry crimes #12.
Seriously. It's about time someone bought that miserable, tone-deaf terrier an ipod, gave it a good Spotify playlist, and alerted the RSPCA.
Some of the bands I've been to see over the past couple of years...
Sleigh Bells, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Savages, MGMT, Vampire Weekend, She Keeps Bees, Chvrches, Zola Jesus, Kap Bambino, Django Django, Coves, The Kills, Dark Dark Dark, Surfer Blood, The Dears, The XX, London Grammar, Policia, Niki and the Dove, Toy, Dark Horses, Alt-J, Twin Shadow, Ladyhawke, 65 Days of Static, Deap Valley, Foals, Lola Colt, Fixers, Tribes, Spector, Trust, Mariam The Believer, Crystal Fighters, Suuns, New Young Pony Club, Wu Lyf, Blood Red Shoes, Nedry, Ladytron, Austra, Cold Cave, Factory Floor, Little Dragon, Architecture in Helsinki, Everything Everything, Drop Out Venus, Young Galaxy, Beach Fossils, Superhumanoids, Comanechi, Warpaint, Teeth of The Sea, Wire, The Thermals, Summer Camp, Does it Offend You Yeah?, CSS, Marika Hackman, Splaash, DZ Deathrays, Kyla La Grange, Timber Timbre,Hot Chip, Beth Jeans Houghton and the Hooves of Destiny, Bo Ningen, Shonen Knife, Killaflaw, EMA, Grimes, Furs, Phosphorescent, We Are Animal, Rufus, Comanechi, Dolomite Minor, Haim, Nadine Shah, Cut, Orchestra of Spheres, Grass Cut, Wise Blood, DeLooze, Pale, Tune-Yards, The KVB, Sweethead, Lolo, Grouplove, Francobollo, The Penelopes, Bombay Bicycle Club, Toro y Moi, Binary, Strong Asian Mothers, Public Service Broadcasting, Scanners, Novella, Traams, Moksha Medicine, New Build, Beat Connection, Citizens!, Shopping, Actress, Pins, The Hundred in the Hands, Joana and the Wolf, My Morning Jacket, Is Tropical, The Good Natured, Marina and the Diamonds, Simian Mobile Disco, Arrows of Live, The Whip, Freelance Whales, Fiction, au Revoir Simone, Anna Von Hausswolff, Pageants, Robots in Disguise, Cloud Control, Kid Karate, Popstrangers, Late of the Pier, The Vaccines, Wave Machines, Wild Smiles, Zoetrope, Kate Boy, Little Boots, Bleech, PVT, Talk Normal, Carousels, Noisettes, Shrag, CockNbullKid, Fever Fever, 6 Day Riot, Listing Ships, Curxes, Idles, LULS, The Priscillas, I Am Harlequin, FOE, Cold in Berlin, Bombay Show Pig, Night Engine, She Makes War, The Impossible Girl, LCMDF, Veronica Falls, Big Deal, The irrepressibles, NZCA Lines, Chairlift, Two Wounded Birds, Monarchy, Sleepy Sun, Imaginary Cities, Alice Gold, Deep Sea Arcade, Wild Palms, Born Ruffians, White Noise Sound, Eaux