align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The Los Angeles Indie Music Meetup Message Board › FREE RESERVATIONS NOW! - WOODY GUTHRIE DAY-LONG CELEBRATION @ USC - Free!

FREE RESERVATIONS NOW! - WOODY GUTHRIE DAY-LONG CELEBRATION @ USC - Free! discussions & performances

Charles
Woody Guthrie's Los Angeles: A Centenary Celebration
Visions and Voices

Saturday, April 14, 2012

University Park Campus
Bovard Auditorium

Admission is free, but reservation required on USC web site.

This event will sell out.

TO RSVP, CLICK!

Scholars, journalists and musicians will come together for a day-long symposium featuring discussions and performances that will commemorate Woody Guthrie's life, legacy and impact on American politics, music and culture.

Guthrie paved the way for subsequent icons of American folk and activist music such as Joan Baez, Bob Dylan, Pete Seeger, et. al.

I've updated this Meetup. For more details, see the full listing:
http://www.meetup.com/indiemusic-130/events/56365142/­

When: Saturday, April 14, 2012 12:00 PM

Where: USC Bovard Auditorium
3551 Trousdale Parkway
LA, CA 90089
213-740-4211

If the changes affect your plans to attend, please take a moment to update your RSVP. (You can RSVP "No" or "Yes".)

You can always get in touch with me through my group profile on Meetup.