Show at 8pm but we can meet, pick our place on the lawn, and enjoy chatting before the show starts. At wolf trap, you can bring your own food and drinks, including booze for those interested! Bring your own blanket. You can bring a lawn chair if you want to sit further back on the lawn, or blanket, very low, low seat if you are in front of the lawn.
I'll be opening this up to some other groups to see if there are any other Brandi fans or music/concert lovers to join me.
Brandi Carlile is folk rock/americana and she puts on an amazing show! She has a beautiful voice and strong talent in lyric and music writing. Come check her out!
*This is a rain or shine event and I don't shy from rain. If rain if in the forecast, bring an umbrella or anything else you might need to stay comfortable. If the thought of rain scares you, consider before purchasing your ticket.
Copied from Wolf Trap's sight--info on Brandi
Heartfelt Americana with rock ’n’ roll, delivered with “from-the-gut force” (NPR) and emotive, expansive vocals.
- Brandi Carlile has been performing since she was 7 and began building a hometown fan base when she was in her teens. Today, she writes and performs insightful music around the world with 2 band mates, twins Phil and Tim Hanseroth, who provide textured harmonies to her affecting voice and reflective lyrics.
- Her latest release, Bear Creek (2012), explores fresh territory, creating a unique blend of country, soul, and rock ’n’ roll. With multifaceted talent and crystalline vocals, it is easy to see why AllMusic.com hails her as “a singular talent.”
- Carlile’s hit “The Story” was used in promotions for General Motors and the 2008 Summer Olympics. It was also played on the TV show Grey’s Anatomy.
- “As a singer, Brandi Carlile is prone to let loose, and her voice is a visceral marvel; even the falsetto range is red-blooded and clarion clear.”—American Songwriter
- The Lone Bellow, a folk-rock trio out of Brooklyn, sings earnest songs of romance and redemption with soft acoustic-based instrumentation and swelling 3-part harmonies that evoke the emotional intensity of a gospel choir. This year they released a self-titled debut album that is “full of haunting, passionate songs that breathe with country soul and a kind of autumnal grace” (AllMusic.com).