DC Indie and Local Music Meetup Message Board › Bonnarro or Sasquatch in 2012 - which one?

Bonnarro or Sasquatch in 2012 - which one?

Anita
user 7117714
Silver Spring, MD
Post #: 1
A friend and I are planning to go to either Bonnarro or Sasquatch in 2012 to celebrate her 40th birthday because we are both big fans of indie concerts and we want a girl's weekend away. She's a lot more tolerant of extreme heat than I am (damn Southerners ;-), and neither of us is particularly outdoorsy. From my research, both festivals are likely to be unpleasantly aromatic (showers are hard to come by) and either way, the weather could be challenging (rain in WA, heat in TN). I've also gathered the impression that there's more than camp fire smoke in a lot of the campsites, which could be a plus or minus depending on your perspective. Has anyone been to either festival? Advice? Any rookie mistakes to avoid? Anyone have experience ditching the campgrounds and staying in a hotel? If camping really is the best way to go, what details are important to consider? Packing must haves? We're pretty committed to this idea and want to give it a try, but I want to do the right homework to make sure we have the best time we can, which starts with picking the right festival for us. Thanks for the advice! Anita