align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

DC Indie and Local Music Meetup Message Board › DJ nights at Black Cat this weekend

DJ nights at Black Cat this weekend

A former member
Post #: 19
For those who may be interested, there are a few 80s/post-punk DJ nights at Black Cat this weekend.

Friday, Aug 12: Right Round, 80's Alt/Pop dance night with DJ Lil'e, $7 Backstage, Doors open at 9:30 PM. Cover paid at show. This is a (typically) monthly 80's DJ night where alternative new wave and brit post punk is mostly played. If you like old bands The Cure, The Smiths, or Echo & The Bunnymen, or you like new wave rarities, you'll likely enjoy the music there.

Sat, Aug 13: Cryfest: The Curevs. The Smiths dance party w/ DJs Steve EP, Missguided, Killa K, Krasty McNasty. $10 Mainstage, doors at 9:00pm, tickets can be purchased at door or in advance. Expect lots of music by Morrissey/The Smiths and Robert Smith/The Cure on this night. A handful of people from the Britpop meetup group will be going there in case anyone is interested.

Have fun :)
A former member
Post #: 20
P.S. If any of you are going to either one of these, and would like to host a meetup for it, just let me know. I would be more than happy to let you host.
Erin B.
user 4028666
Springfield, VA
Post #: 42
Here's info for the Britpop meetup for Cryfest:

http://www.meetup.com...­

Also, I'll be going, but have plans earlier in the evening so won't be setting up a meetup for it here since I have no idea what time I'll get there. But feel free to send me a text (7033092611) and I'll let you know where the group is at...assuming I make it in before it sells out!

Erin