DC Indie and Local Music Meetup Message Board › Discovering new local acts?

Discovering new local acts?

Mike D.
user 29153402
Washington, DC
Post #: 2
So, I'm in a band based out of NoVa/DC.

We've played out all over this region. With a lot of bands. For the past couple of years.

Thats cool and great and all, we've met a lot of really nice musicians.

But, unfortunately, we've had a very difficult time finding bands that are musically relevant to our style.

We're honestly a difficult band to pair up with - we try to be pretty unique in our sound. That might sound cliche...but...yeah...not trying to sound cliche.

We're coming to a point where we want to really start playing with bands that will mesh well. We want to focus on finding some new friends, that are similar in sound/genre.

What do you all do when trying to find new music? Especially musicians - how do you all look for other bands that compliment your sound to put on a great show?

I've gone through the Reverbnation charts - its tedious and putting "rock" as a genre is so vague...

Does anyone have better ideas?

Dont really want to spam our own stuff - but if anyone wants to take a listen and has any suggestions, I'd be more than happen to listen to suggested bands. And it doesnt have to be local here - it could be Richmond, Baltimore, Philly, NYC, etc.

Kid Architect Facebook

Thanks everyone. This is a really cool site. Definitely want to meetup and talk music soon!