add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

DC Indie and Local Music Meetup Message Board › Post links etc to Music that You like

Post links etc to Music that You like

A former member
Post #: 38
Post any music/music videos that you would like to share.

I'll start. This is an English Punk Band that started in the mid 70's. They are still around. Called The Buzzcocks. This is probably their most well known song. It's called "Fallen In Love". This song is awesome, awesome!­­

The Noisettes did a remake.

Another song by the Buzzcocks is "What do I get?"­

from wiki:

They are regarded as an important influence on the Manchester music scene, the independent record label movement, punk rock, power pop, pop punk and indie rock.[1] They achieved commercial success with singles that fused pop craftsmanship with rapid-fire punk energy. These singles were collected on Singles Going Steady, described by critic Ned Raggett as a "punk masterpiece".[7] The widely covered "Ever Fallen in Love (With Someone You Shouldn't've)" remains one of their best-known songs.

The "buzz" is the excitement of playing on stage; "cock" is Manchester slang meaning "mate" (as in friend / buddy). They thought it captured the excitement of the Sex Pistols and nascent punk scene.[8]

A former member
Post #: 39
I want this to be a sticky so I pinned it.
A former member
Post #: 40
another song it's I'm not good with genres

Midnight Movies-Souvenirs­

well it does mention indie rock and psychedelic pop on wiki

Boys Noize-& Down I think they are from Germany. Think MSTRKRFT.­
A former member
Post #: 42
Crystal Castles - Baptism (KTF Megatron remix)­
A former member
Post #: 20
I like'd the movies. They sound a bit like ladytron, but with better vocals.

Try this if you want some retro fuzzy hip-hop-bop soundy rock.

Gonjasufi - DedNd

Want to go on a adventure?? listen to these guys. It took me seeing them in concert to really get behind them, but now I REALLY dig this sound.

Caribou - Sun, off their latest album Swim

Caribou - Niobe, from an earlier album called Andorra

user 14309607
Manassas, VA
Post #: 2
demons and the lakes
Mike M
Bethesda, MD
Post #: 34
Vivek, I'll +1 the Buzzcocks. Where can I find the Noisettes' cover of "Fallen in Love"?
user 15221891
Alexandria, VA
Post #: 4

Radical Dads.

Brooklyn indie rock band that sounds like what one would expect from the band members who are from Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Uninhabitable Mansions and New Mexicoe.

Carl J.
user 19447761
Towson, MD
Post #: 1
This video is fun:­

Don't like that? Try this:­

(Please wear headphones if possible, for full effect)
user 7117714
Silver Spring, MD
Post #: 6
I just discovered a band called Le Butcherettes. Sound Opinions podcast called their album Sin Sin Sin one of the best of the year so far. They sound punk and literary at the same time with strong female vocals. http://lebutcherettes...­ Haven't see tour dates for DC yet.

Also, the new Modest Mouse/Man Man project called Mister Heavenly is coming out Aug 16: http://misterheavenly...­ The 2 free singles on their website sound really good. Alt rock sound, with gritty vocals. Haven't see tour dates for DC yet.

Zee Avi's new album Ghostbird comes out Aug 23, and I'm very excited to hear it. She has a haunting, beautiful voice.­ Haven't see tour dates for DC yet.

River City Extension is my FAVORITE under-appreciated, barely known band, and they will be at Jammin Java on Sept 10 at 10 pm (yes, that conflicts with Freefest). They just got a great review on All Songs Considered. http://www.rivercitye...­ They remind me of Gogol Bordello a little bit - a little like punked out gypsy pirates, with a gazillion instruments and memorable vocals. Fantastic live show - I saw them at Red Palace.