Indy Film Buffs Meetup Group Message Board › Anyone else dislike the new meetup setup?

Anyone else dislike the new meetup setup?

Gabriel C.
user 5926805
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 512
The new setup, I don't like it. Thoughts?
Karen
karenfielderMBA
Westfield, IN
Post #: 78
It absolutely sucks! No place for an organizer to post a pic of the upcoming meetup, they removed maybes, they removed ideas that members could make, even the place you rsvp in is more complicated! I sure hope enuf people complain so they'll change it back!
Helen
user 8292593
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 232
I can't say I'm crazy about it either. There have been enough complaints already that they've tweaked the format quite a bit just since it was rolled out a week ago (ie adding the permanent links to the meetup list and calendar in the left sidebar). A recent posting said they're working on putting the meetup picture function back in some way, although I'm not holding my breath. Unfortunately I don't see the maybe option or the "ideas" coming back, which is especially annoying because everyone likes to have those options available!

The one thing I do like is the overall layout change that gives the upcoming Meetup list more screen real estate.
Karen
karenfielderMBA
Westfield, IN
Post #: 79
Well, I just learned where the new ideas secion is from the 20's/30's Organizer, Andrea.

Here's what you do:

If you are on the main webpage, you should see a new white box at the top, just under the text "Let's meetup and..." The box has the word "Let's" in it. This is where you get to suggest new meetups! If you click on the white "Let's" box, it will take you to a window that looks quite a bit like our prior Ideas page. Just fill in the info that you know there. It's okay if it's just a general idea with no specific date or time attached. That is just fine!

Once you have posted your new idea for a meetup, it will become a meetup "in the making" on our main page. If you like one of the ideas listed on this "in the making" tab, just click the blue "Count Me In" box. You'll then be added to the list of people who really like this idea.

From that point, your idea will be reviewed and if any look like a good fit for the group and/or have several members who have asked to be "counted in" then it can be made into an Official Meetup!

Thanks!

Karen