Indy Film Buffs Meetup Group Message Board › Shutter Island meetup anyone?

Shutter Island meetup anyone? Counter-programming to Valentine's Day (gagging sound)

Jason W.
user 9906999
Greenwood, IN
Post #: 8
Seeing as most of the meetups lately have been way too far on the north side for this southsider (Edge of Darkness, Wolfman) or for crappy movies (Legion, Valentine's Day), I'm going to suggest one that should be good and at a venue that is convenient for me. How about getting together for Shutter Island at the Kerasotes 16 on the south side? I mean, come on. It's Scorsese (a master) and DiCaprio (Scorsese's go-to guy with Gangs of New York and The Aviator, ever since Deniro took the retard pill which led him to stuff like the Focker movies and that recent holiday movie with Drew Barrymore...wtf Bob?), with Ben Kingsley, Max von Sydow, Patricia Clarkson and Mark Ruffalo (that's a murderer's row of acting talent). And it's adapted from a Dennis Lehane book, which has served as the basis for a couple of other good flicks such as Mystic River and Gone Baby Gone. Plus, Lehane gets all kinds of props in my book due to the fact that he wrote for The Wire (greatest tv show of all time). Fandango doesn't have showtimes posted at this point, but I'm going to a $5 showing on Saturday morning, Feb. 20th. I imagine there will only be one early showing since this is not for kids or the lowest common denominator crowd, but if there is more than one, I'll update which one it'll be.

P.S. Did anyone notice that Red Cliff started playing this week at the Keystone Arts? That movie looks badass. Why didn't we make a meetup for this? I would try to arrange one, but I can't wait to see this so I'm going today. Also, I never got around to posting about it, but Crazy Heart was really good. I saw it at the free screening at the IMAX that Lisa brought to our attention. Thanks Lisa. The Dude can sing country convincingly. Do yourself a favor and check out this film I think only at the Keystone Arts right now. Oh, and another good one to see on the big screen before it probably disappears next week is The Fantastic Mr. Fox. I think the only place it is still playing is the Cinemark theater in Greenwood. I should have known it'd be good coming from Wes Anderson, but The Darjeeling Limited underwhelmed me and I was wary of the crude stop motion animation at first glance, but I found that it gives the film a lot of charm. The voice acting is excellent across the board. If you have kids and want them to be interesting instead of brain dead wastes resulting from garbage like the Shrek movies, make a double feature with them at that Cinemark where you can catch Mr. Fox and Where the Wild Things Are both playing now.
Helen
user 8292593
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 110
I'm very intrigued by Shutter Island but I'll be out of town that weekend and that's one of Gary's role-playing days. Your fellow southsider Lisa may be available though.

Crazy Heart expanded slightly this week. I noticed it was playing at Traders Point and one of the north side Regals. Possibly other places. Really looking forward to seeing that one.
A former member
Post #: 20
I would like to see that movie but I am available on Sunday the 21st if you could wait that long. Talk to you soon.
A former member
Post #: 23
I definitely want to see this. Keep me posted on confirmed date and time and I'll try to be there!

Tod
Orbrover
Franklin, IN
Post #: 68
Hi Jason,

Thanks for taking the initiative. It's a possibility for me at this point. Keep us posted on date and time!

Have a good one!

:-)
Tod
Jason W.
user 9906999
Greenwood, IN
Post #: 9
I suppose we could do this on Sunday the 21st seeing as there isn't any football being played now. While I may have absolutely no interest in that Valentine's Day movie, there is no reason to schedule seeing Shutter Island so people who are seeing VD (hehe...I called that movie VD. Be sure to have any itching or sores appearing afterwards checked.) cannot see both movies. We can shoot for the earliest showing on Sunday, Feb. 21 at the Kerasotes 16 on the south side. Fandango still does not have any definite times for showings listed. I'll add a time when they do.
A former member
Post #: 21
Thank thank you felllow film buff buddy. I wanted to see Shutter Island with the gang. I own u one, Jason. Thanks again
A former member
Post #: 1
Thank thank you felllow film buff buddy. I wanted to see Shutter Island with the gang. I own u one, Jason. Thanks again
Ohhhh! I gotta see this movie! Let's go : )
Jeff B.
user 9777056
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 5
I would like to see this movie too. If you can make it before noon because I can save a few extra bucks. If there is a showing of course.
Jason W.
user 9906999
Greenwood, IN
Post #: 10
My plans are to see a showing before noon. The theater still has no showtimes posted for that day, because I just checked fandango.com. As soon as a definite time is posted, I'll update the plans.