align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Indy Film Buffs Meetup Group Message Board › Shutter Island meetup anyone?

Shutter Island meetup anyone? Counter-programming to Valentine's Day (gagging sound)

Karen
karenfielderMBA
Westfield, IN
Post #: 51
How about meeting in the middle? Glendale/Broad Ripple area/downtown even...Shoot! Eastside even is even better for this Northsider!

One thing I wish would be done more on meetups is for the poll function to be used so an organizer can list a few days that work for their schedule and see what works best with others schedules and that will get the larger turnouts!

Karen
Karen
karenfielderMBA
Westfield, IN
Post #: 52
Found this one too for those anti VD!

February 13
Vintage Movie Night - "Happy Anti-Valentine's Day"
Garfield Park Arts Center, 2432 Conservatory Dr.

8 - 9:30 p.m. / $2 suggested donation
Enjoy My Man Godfrey (1936) with Carole Lombard. In the film, a scatterbrained socialite hires a vagrant as a family butler...but there's more to Godfrey than meets the eye. Free Anti-Valentine's Day treats included!
Jason W.
user 9906999
Greenwood, IN
Post #: 11
Sorry, but I'm not budging on the location. The Kerasotes 16 is most convenient for me, and it's still a 10 minute drive north from where I live. Downtown or Broad Ripple would be a half hour or more. Plus, those theaters suck, in my opinion, compared to that Kerasotes. Feel free to organize people from the north side for your own meetup that is convenient for you. It won't hurt my feelings. I realize the pain in the ass it is and the expense of traveling to the far opposite side of the Indy loop from where you live. Think of how bad it was restaurant-wise for us southsiders until they started putting some halfway decent eateries down here in the past few years. We still don't have nearly as good of a variety of selections or quality but at least we don't have to drive 35 minutes just to go to some place like the Cheesecake Factory. Not that the Cheesecake Factory is fine dining, but just as an example.
Jason W.
user 9906999
Greenwood, IN
Post #: 12
Here is a definite time for the Shutter Island meetup:

10:10am Sunday, the 21st at the Kerasotes 16 theater on the south side of Indy.

I will be strolling in there at about 10:05am. I'm not big on being early to things. Especially at 10am on a Sunday morning after I've probably been out drinking the previous night. Even though this showing is the only budget one before noon for Shutter Island, I don't imagine there will be a large crowd for an intelligent, R-rated, spooky movie on an early Sunday morning in the middle of February, so seating shouldn't be a problem. Besides, I hate sitting in the theater and watching those commercials before the show. I mean, I'm paying money to see the movie. I shouldn't have to endure any advertisements for other crap. And I'm not talking about the previews for other movies. I'm talking about the garbage that plays before them. I miss those word jumbles of movie titles and old pictures of stars before they were stars where you would guess which star it is. At least that stuff was semi-interactive. I guess you have to buy Scene It for that shit these days. Also, I don't give myself any time to hit the concession stand because at any theater that is a total rip off and those lines take forever. I know most theaters don't employ the best and brightest individuals out there, but really does it have to take that long to put some soda in a cup and stuff some popcorn in a tub and run a register? We can all share each other's company afterwards during a bite at Steak and Shake or out in the lobby if people aren't interested in going to eat (probably those would be the people who wasted their money on the over-priced junk food at the concession stand. suckers).