Indy Film Buffs Meetup Group Message Board › Oscar Nominated Shorts at Landmark: Meetup (or 2)?

Oscar Nominated Shorts at Landmark: Meetup (or 2)?

mike m.
user 4250716
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 44
So the Keystone Art Cinema's page says that they will be showing the Oscar Nominated Short Films 2010- Animated and the Oscar Nominated Short Films 2010- Live Action the week of February 19-25 (one week only for both of them). Is anybody out there interested in a meetup for one or both of these? I was thinking an early Sunday (2/21) matinee for one, and a later Sunday matinee for the other. (The showtimes aren't up yet, so I don't know when these will be screening. They may be sharing a screen. I have a volunteer commitment downtown on that Saturday morning until noon or slightly later- and since the Keystone Art's showtimes aren't up yet, an early Saturday matinee may or may not work for me; I don't know yet.)

Helen
user 8292593
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 112
Wish I could, but I'll be out of town that weekend. Well, I'd go to the animated program if I was here. Have to admit I've never had much interest in short films if they aren't animated.
Jane
JaneFilmBuff
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 16
I could go Sunday, 2/21.
Erica A.
indypassionlady
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 1
I could do either! Sundays work great for me!
mike m.
user 4250716
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 45
Aw, crud- I just realized that we already have a meetup on Sunday, 2/21- and that I have said "Maybe" (leaning towards yes) for it. I could try to set up a meetup for Saturday afternoon, 2/20, but I suspect that many in the group will be "movied out" for the day after seeing Valentine's Day in the morning.

If anyone does want me to set up a meetup for the Oscar shorts on Saturday afternoon, let me know; I should be done with my volunteer commitment in time to make it to the theater, since they usually don't start showing movies until 1 PM or later.
mike m.
user 4250716
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 46
So the Keystone Art Cinema has their showtimes up for next week; the live action shorts will be showing at 2:30 (and 7:20) daily, while the animated shorts will show at 5 (and 9:30) daily. So if there is any interest, I could set up a meetup on Saturday, February 20, for both- 2:30 for the live action shorts, 5 for the animated shorts.
mike m.
user 4250716
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 47
Since there hasn't been a huge response on this one- and since it's sort of late by now anyway- I won't set up a Meetup for this. I'll still try to see all of these, but I suspect that I'll have to wait for DVD.