addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Indy Film Buffs Meetup Group Message Board › Brooklyn's Finest

Brooklyn's Finest

Melissa
user 11413367
Greenwood, IN
Post #: 5
Anyone interested in seeing Brooklyn's Finest with me? Let's get a group together. Here's the trailer:

It opens March 5th, but I wont be able to go until the 7th.
Traveravis
user 5422005
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 1
I'm up for it. If we go around 3 we can have dinner after, then hit Gary's for the Oscars.
Jason W.
user 9906999
Greenwood, IN
Post #: 17
Although I enjoyed Training Day from this director, and he's teaming with Ethan Hawke again, I've read a lot of bad buzz about this which has me concerned. I was already wary with this having Richard Gere as one of the stars. He's usually a red flag for me that a movie is going to suck, or at the least he'll suck enough in it to diminish my enjoyment. I don't think I've enjoyed anything with him in the past decade that hasn't featured Diane Lane naked in it. Then there is the factor of the ghost of Wesley Snipes being in this. He is dead, right? Wasn't he euthanized after the third Blade movie? If not, he probably should have been seeing as that movie managed to suck despite including the hotness of Jessica Biel and the humor of Ryan Reynolds. About the only saving grace I can see for the film would be the performances of Hawke and Don Cheadle, who is almost always reliable. Being this pessimistic about its potential, I'm only interested in a bargain matinee showing. If that can work for others as well, I'll be happy to see you there.
Karen
karenfielderMBA
Westfield, IN
Post #: 55
The Hamilton Towne Center Imax up my way in Noblesville is showing the Oscars on the BIG SCREEN for FREE that night!!!
A former member
Post #: 30
I'm slightly pessimistic about this movie...but, I'm a follower, so if you're all planning to see it and the time and place work for me...
Gary
user 3319325
Group Organizer
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 2
I may be able to make it depending on the time and place. Also, just a heads-up, the Oscar party is going to be at Lisa's house, not mine. Her address is on the event posting.
Melissa
user 11413367
Greenwood, IN
Post #: 8
Sorry guys, but it looks like i won't be able to make it this Sunday after all. But, if you go I'd love to hear the reviews!
Jason W.
user 9906999
Greenwood, IN
Post #: 21
Well, if even the ringleader is already bailing on this movie, I think that is a sign that this one is destined for dvd or cable viewing for me. I'm telling you, it's the curse of Richard Gere. Though, wouldn't it have been awesome if he had been in that gerbil movie G-Force? I think I would have bought a ticket to that.
Melissa
user 11413367
Greenwood, IN
Post #: 11
you would have just ended up trying to return your ticket to the pet store for a refund two days later
Jason W.
user 9906999
Greenwood, IN
Post #: 22
I don't know about that. I see no reason to want a refund. I think the chemistry between he and the gerbils would be electric. I have always heard that Gere has a special place in his . . . uh . . . heart for the gerbils of the world. Yeah, in his heart.