Post #: 39
Can't wait!!

June 4 Across the Universe / 2007
June 11 Rebel Without A Cause / 1955
June 18 The Usual Suspects / 1995
June 25 Pee-wee's Big Adventure / 1985
July 2 Stella Dallas / 1937
July 9 North by Northwest / 1959
July 16 The Rocky Horror Picture Show / 1975 (midnight showing; gates open at 10pm)
July 23 Monty Python: The Holy Grail / 1975 (midnight showing; gates open at 10pm)
July 30 The Muppets Take Manhattan / 1984
August 6 A Fish Called Wanda / 1988
August 13 Stand By Me / 1986
August 20 L.A. Confidential / 1997
August 27 O Brother, Where Art Thou? / 2000
Jason W.
user 9906999
Greenwood, IN
Post #: 29
Are these screened outdoors or in the same theater that they usually show the movies? I only ask beause it's called "summer nights". For the most part this is a pretty safe list of films. Nothing really stands out as challenging or unheralded like some of the winter films did. It would be cool to see Pee-Wee on the big screen, if for nothing else than to remember that Tim Burton used to make movies that were fun, interesting and original. What has happened to that guy? I guess they're doing Rocky Horror since Hollywood Bar and Filmworks is out of business. Man, I miss that place. A Holy Grail midnight screening could be fun. If we're drinking it would be fun to keep saying "I'm not quite drunk yet." The Muppets Take Manhattan could be fun too, although I don't recall that being a very good movie, even with the nostalgia effect. I'd almost be excited about A Fish Called Wanda, but I've seen that a ton of times on cable lately. The same goes for L.A. Confidential and The Usual Suspects. They're on cable all the time. Across the Universe, Stand By Me and O Brother, Where Art Thou I can do without. When are people going to start giving more respect to The Hudsucker Proxy from the Coen brothers? It's definitely better than O Brother. Maybe that's one that we should consider for the cult movie series, Gary.
Helen
user 8292593
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 159
The Summer Nights series is always screened on the river terrace behind the museum. Unfortunately last year the Toby basically went dark for the duration; the IMA hosted a few festivals in the Toby but didn't run any film programs there itself.
Tod
Orbrover
Franklin, IN
Post #: 80
Thanks for adding the dates, Dawn. There is definitely some potential fun! :-)
Kate
grevoni
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 14
IF you're an IMA member, these movies are only $5!
Karen
karenfielderMBA
Westfield, IN
Post #: 58
And if you're NOT a member??
Helen
user 8292593
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 164
$10 public
$5 members
free to children 6 and under

full details at the IMA's website
Melissa
user 11413367
Greenwood, IN
Post #: 29
Ohh very excited! :)
A former member
Post #: 35
Dawn,

Which one r u going to? Maybe I can meet u there. I havent seen u in forever. Did u get my email regarding a get-together??
A former member
Post #: 41
Peachy, I did NOT get e-mail. Re-send!!! biggrin

There are several I want to go to....so, just say the word. I haven't seen ANYONE in forever, it seems. Jason, at Hot Tub Time Machine, that's it! I haven't even seen a MOVIE in at least 3 weeks...that's a record.

Life's been a crazy rollercoaster...big changes...I need some stability. Like...MOVIES!!! lol