Indy Film Buffs Meetup Group Message Board › Indy Film Buffs fundraising

Indy Film Buffs fundraising

Helen
user 8292593
Indianapolis, IN
Dear fellow film buffs,

The Indy Film Buffs is committed to being a no-fee group. You will never be charged an event fee by IFB or a membership fee to participate in the IFB Meetup group. IFB does, however, have one significant yearly expense: the cost of the Meetup site. We are seeking your help in meeting it.

The annualized fee charged by Meetup.com is $144. We have already raised $40. Please consider making a small donation toward the $100 balance. The suggested contribution is $5, but any amount you can spare will be very much appreciated.

Our goal is to raise the full fee amount by the June 2d Tuesday Meetup, when this fundraising campaign will come to a close. Any amount collected above $144 will be banked for the Meetup site fee for next year.

At least as of now, we are only set up to collect cash donations. Donations may be given to Gary, Helen or Lisa at any Meetup event. If you have any questions, you can hit reply (it will go to Helen) or contact the organizers directly through the Meetup site or the next time you see us.

Thank you,
Gary and Helen
IFB co-organizers
Tod
Orbrover
Franklin, IN
Post #: 84
Paying through PayPal would be awesome. I don't know if they charge for that, though, but I guess they probably do. Next time I'm fortunate enough to kick it with you all, I will definitely pitch in. This group is one of the best things that's ever happened to me and I'm very thankful to have you around. :-)
Helen
user 8292593
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 176
Thanks Tod! We really appreciate the kind words. smile We've talked about PayPal but haven't made a decision about it yet. (There is a small cost.) It helps to know that it would be useful to some of our members.
Joe
JoePez
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 198
One thing to keep in mind about PayPal- unless they've changed this policy recently- is that there is no upfront cost. People send money and PayPal keeps a cut, so instead of $10 the group might only take in $9 or whatever. But it shouldn't cost anything to actually set up and maintain the account, again assuming they haven't changed this recently. And assuming you don't already know this, which you probably do, so in that case nevermind :)
Gabriel C.
user 5926805
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 467
Paypal seems to work brilliantly on my meetup account. The costs seem minimal. I haven't been able to attend many meetups, but I do want to support you with at least the same amount I suggest for my own meetup, since you and Gary have been so kind in supporting us. But I don't know if I could get it to you in person.
Helen
user 8292593
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 189
Gabe, thanks so much for the recommendation and the offer. Let's connect next time I'm at an IAU Meetup!