Indy Beer Message Board › Seeking 10-15 Volunteers for AHA National Homebrew Competition

Seeking 10-15 Volunteers for AHA National Homebrew Competition

Ross G.
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

It's that time of year when I start asking people if they're interested in stewarding for the AHA National Homebrew Competition. You've either mentioned to me in one way or the other over the past couple weeks, of I may just think you're interested.

You should consider this volunteer opportunity as work. You would be responsible for handling the homebrew contest entries, each of which there is only ONE. Dropping or otherwise mishandling of the entry is not part of the job responsibility.

You would also be responsible for making sure the judges are happy and fully stocked with tasting cups, record sheets, crackers, etc. This event is for the judges and the brewers. The stewards are facilitators.

See the instructions available here for an idea of what would be expected as a steward at the competition, and visit this site for some information about the competition itself if you are unfamiliar.

http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/pages/competitions/national-homebrew-competition­

So, if you would like to help work during the first round competitions taking place at Sun King Brewery, the evening of Friday, April 15, 9am-5pm Saturday, April 16, or the morning to early afternoon of Sunday, April 17, please email me back SOON and indicate which day or days would be best for you to volunteer. Also, please provide your phone number (cell preferred). We'll do our best to try to accommodate your scheduling request.

I'll forward your name, contact information and shift choice to Ron Smith, who is organizing this portion of the competition at this point. You'll then hear from him regarding your potential shift.

We're looking for about 10-15 responsible people to volunteer as stewards.

If you have any questions, just let me know!

Ross Graham
Organizer, Indy Beer Meetup
rossgram@indybeer.me
317-288-1768