addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Indy Gaming Message Board General Gaming › How do I get a character of appropriate level ?

How do I get a character of appropriate level ?

Geoff_K
Geoffrey_K
Greenwood, IN
Post #: 6
Hello all, ran across the group today and decided to join. Not 100% certain I will make it to a game during this holiday season however I was curious about the above. Do you provide one, do I start out at level 1 and die first hit every fight ;->

I would want to show up prepared so as to not slow the group down.

Thanks for any insight provided.
Heather
lovest1274
Fishers, IN
Post #: 244
This is a somewhat mysterious question to which the best response is.. it depends. :)

At meetup events charcter sheets for RPG's are always provided though usually everyone is welcome to create their own if they'd like. For D&D Encounters WoTC strongly encourages everyone to make a character (and therefore buy their stuff to do so) but we still provide character sheets.

Now if you mean some other group than the Indy Gaming meetup group.. idk..

Good luck! :)
Geoff_K
Geoffrey_K
Greenwood, IN
Post #: 9
Thank you Heather. I do mean this group for D&D games.

I am still a little lost. To play a D&D game with this group is there an invite that has to happen or just comment that I would like to play ? When I show up I need a character since one is not provided, is that correct ? If a character is not provided, how do I know what level he needs to be ? Or are there not levels anymore ? It has been at least a decade since I last played.

If you would enlighten me, perhaps I can join a game. Thanks

-geoff
Heather
lovest1274
Fishers, IN
Post #: 247
An announcement will come out or you can check the calendar to find RPG's listed. The RPG's listed are sample games usual so that you can meet other people who play RPG's and start new games with them. When you go into the calendar and rsvp that's usually all you need to do except show up with dice! :)

You will almost NEVER need to bring your own character. If you are unsure you can e-mail the organizer of that event and ask but typically it's specified in the description of the event.

Right now we have D&D Encounters that we are running which is unusual for us in that it is an ongoing campaign.
Geoff_K
Geoffrey_K
Greenwood, IN
Post #: 10
Thank you for the reply.