Indy Gaming Message Board LFG - Any kind of game, any side of town › Pathfinder - Would like to Join or Start Group

Pathfinder - Would like to Join or Start Group

A former member
Post #: 8

I don't understand why the players can't have knowledge of the world. Roleplayers should be able to separate personal knowledge from character knowledge.
It's not so much the players knowing the world, that's actually a good thing. Perhaps what I meant to say was when the players know way more than the gm from novels, other modules..... descrepancies are bound to come up.
A former member
Post #: 40
I wouldn't necessarily not play in a game that was based on Greyhawk or whatever other campaign setting... I was just psyched at the possibility of playing in Golarion. There also are the questions of deities, traits based on homeland, etc. They all would have to be thought out before creating characters.
A former member
Post #: 9
I wouldn't necessarily not play in a game that was based on Greyhawk or whatever other campaign setting... I was just psyched at the possibility of playing in Golarion. There also are the questions of deities, traits based on homeland, etc. They all would have to be thought out before creating characters.

gods of the realms/oerth translate very well, so do the race based traits. I've only perused the Golarion setting book but it was wasn't the most updated 3.75.
A former member
Post #: 12
First, Mark, I LOVE your persistence!! Anytime I see Pathfinder mentioned in the Meetup, you are there with the Pathfinder Society!! I live just down the street from Saltire Games, so I need to check it out one Saturday. Anyway, well done sir!

Thanks Brian!

I'm not the regional coordinator for Pathfinder Society for nothing I suppose :)
A former member
Post #: 10
okay. I'd like some opinions.

preference in game shedule
Every week except the first week of the month (and special days of course)
Every other week

Night of the Week
Monday - Friday 7 to 11 or 6 to 10
Saturday - after 3pm start time, but stop whenever
Sunday - after 3pm but stop at 7 or 8 so we can dread the morrow

Setting
Forgotten Realms using their gods
Greyhawk - using the default gods listed in the ph
Golarian - what's in that setting (which means I would have to examine the book so knowledge will be limited for awhile)

Gaming Place
I've got two huge folding tables and some chairs, lots of minis and other stuff
or, another place if amiable
Brian L.
user 12872722
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 42
Hey Robbie, here's my 2-cents:

Weekly except first week and special days sounds good, but if possible, take in consideration the players, ie., lets say for some freaky reason we can't get together on a particular 4th week, but everyone's first week is open, and everyone agrees, we move it to the 1st week for that month.

Night of the week: similar to above, but I have a feeling that Friday's will be challenging, at least for me and my wife. Recommend avoiding it, BUT, like I said above, if we pick, say for example, Thursday as are weekly meeting night, but for some freaky reason Thursday is bad for the majority on a particular week, but everyone can meet on Friday, we shift. I guess I'm saying solidify at 80%, flex to best time/day.

Setting: Well, Robbie, you're gonna kill me (frankly, you look like you could!); I have no preference. Let me know if I'm the tie-breaker, and I'll make a call. WITH THAT SAID biggrin , I think I would prefer Greyhawk or Golarian....sort of (stress "sort of") burned out on the Realms, if you know what I mean. But the Realms are certainly not a show stopper for me.

Place: Like setting, really doesn't matter. I have room, but not a lot of "stuff", ie, mini's and books. If it's within Indy, I think I can make it (presently travel to north Indy; used to "encounter" at the Arsenal; travel not a problem). But will throw my house out if and/or when the host(s) need a break from hosting.

Yeah, at this point, I'm pretty easy going, so probably not much help. Really think we need to meet up at some point and get a "vibe" on each other, see if there are any obvious conflicts, ie., personality, diets, drinking habits, etc.
A former member
Post #: 3
If you guys still need another player, I'm interested in joining a Pathfinder game.
A former member
Post #: 11
Agreed on meeting. As for my house, I'm on the near southside just off Keystone between Troy and Raymond street. For those of you who might golf, right around the corner from Sara Shank.

After the holiday weekend, let's meet at a steak and shake or something.
A former member
Post #: 41
Opinions

Preference in game shedule: Depends on the day of the week. In general either may work. The first week of any month generally will be impossible for me due to late nights at work that week. Once in a while that may spill over into the second week, but not often.

Night of the Week: Depends on where we meet. Many nights of the week we couldn't make it all the way out there until at least 7:00. Saturdays generally aren't good for me regardless of the time. Friday nights likely would be best for us. We could not make it Monday or Tuesday for certain because Gale works until 7:00 p.m. or later those nights. Sunday after 3pm would work well also I think.

Setting: I would greatly prefer Golarion. We can help eacih other with setting knowledge whichever setting is chosen.

Gaming Place: We are situated about evenly between Bill's place and yours. We don't have the supplies that you two do, but could host as a middle ground between the two (presuming Bill wishes to play). I guess it depends on his schedule and when he could make it out there. One of you two might instead drive to our place and ride with us to the other. I know Bill has a large room set up for gaming as well.
A former member
Post #: 42
If you guys still need another player, I'm interested in joining a Pathfinder game.

Hey Chris,

Nice meeting you. Whereabouts are you located?