Indy Gaming Message Board RPGs › Looking to Join or Start a DnD Group

Looking to Join or Start a DnD Group

A former member
Post #: 2
Hi,

I am hoping to join or help start a group interested in DnD 4E in the Indy area. I am a southsider. Looking forward to hearing from people who have same interest.

Jim
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Jim,

I would still consider myself a DnD noobie (just got done with a weekly group, 3.5, all of us learning so rules were pretty lax) but I would love to see what playing with a more experienced group would be like. I'll need more info before I can commit: where, when, how often, is there a book I can borrow while I'm seeing if this is a good fit, etc?

Just keep me in the loop!

Stefanie
A former member
Post #: 1
You are both welcome to check out our encounters-style weekly game at games 2 die for on Rockville in Avon. We're taking is week off due to gencon, but we'll be back at it next Wednesday at 6. I run one of the tables and we're always looking for more players!

If you're interested in checking 4e stuff out, let me know, maybe I can get a beginner game going before then to show people the ropes.
A former member
Post #: 3
Hi Stefanie & Aaron,

Thanks for the replies. Stefanie, I too would place myself in the category of a Noobie. I have played some 4E, Since last Gen Con, but prior to that I had only played 1E and that was many years ago. I am hoping to find an experienced player/DM who might join in too so I can learn more. I am up for a once a week game, willing to meet anywhere such as the Arsenal Game Room, Games 2 Die 4, I just don't want to travel much more than a half hour. Aaron, thanks for the invite, I may take you up on your offer for the encounters night. One nice thing about the Arsenal Game Room is they have all the books and will loan them to you. I am very flexible.

Jim

A former member
Post #: 2
I'd be available and willing to run a newbie game either Friday night after 7:30 or any time Sunday at Arsenal, I can bring the encounters pregens and we can run either an old encounters module, or a few other beginner modules I have. I'd be free for a few hours if we wanted to run a set of encounters.
A former member
Post #: 4
Aaron,

That sounds awesome! Friday or Sunday work with me.
A former member
Post #: 3
I'll wait for stefanie's response before we decide on a time/date, id prefer Sunday though. If either of you are going to buy the books, stay away from the hardback players handbooks, go with the small format essentials (heroes of the forgotton lands I believe)
Each of the builds powers have changed drastically since 4e launched, the wizard being the most notable.
Regardless, I'll bring prebuilt characters, we just need 2-4 more players
A former member
Post #: 5
Sounds like a plan. I already bought both player handbooks last year @ Gen Con.
A former member
Post #: 4
If you roll your own without using the official character builder, just make sure to check the errata on wizard's homepage, they've been notorious with making changes after printing on 4e (hence essentials)
A former member
Post #: 6
I have subscription and downloaded the character builder. Makes things much easier.