Indy Gaming Message Board LFG - Any kind of game, any side of town › North East Indy Player Seeking RPG

North East Indy Player Seeking RPG

Kevin
Stryger1
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 4
Greetings everyone, I am currently looking for an RPG that meets every other weekend. I enjoy settings from midevil fantasy to science fiction. I prefer games that are not all hack and slash, but also include character development/interaction. I am looking for more than "kill the monster grab the loot" My characters are living breathing people. They have emotions and wants and I like to see them grow as people.

I am 40 something and have been gaming on and off for around 25 years. I have experience both as a player and as a game master. I am not hooked on any one particular gaming system. I feel I can dedicate one day every other weekend to a game. Fortunately my spouse is a gamer so she understands the time commitments (even though she isn't looking to game right now herself).

If you think we might be a good match or you have any questions just drop me a note!
Leo F.
user 12428371
Muncie, IN
Post #: 10
Hey Kevin, I'm Leo and the good news is I'm looking for players just like you for semi-regular weekend gaming. Like you, I enjoy settings from fantasy to sci fi and like you, I prefer games that tell a shared story with in depth living, breathing characters.

The bad news is, I live in Muncie.

But hey, if want to talk more about a game, drop me a line.
David
Wreileth
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 5
I am also on the northeast side (Hamilton County) and looking for a group to join. Other than being slightly on the other side of 40, the description of yourself pretty much matches me too. :)

I'm up for pretty much anything. I just need to know a place and time.

David
Steven H.
user 7956862
Fortville, IN
Post #: 52
I was running a group in Fortville about a year ago. We were short a player too many and never got enough people again to get it running. Currently I'm trying to get people together, however. I'd like to find a DM to take over the reigns.
Kevin
Stryger1
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 5
Hi David and Steven,

I have GMed before but I don't know that I am up for running a game right now. A while back I tried to get a Star Wars game using the D6 rules. It was a group with two players and one of the players turned out to be very unreliable so the game folded. I was keeping the number of players low to try to allow for a lot of story building. I may be willing to take another shot at it but I am still kind of burned out from the last attempt. I am not stuck on the idea of playing a Star Wars game, however.

What kind of genres do you enjoy?
David
Wreileth
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 6
As long as it isn't "Office Space, the RPG", I play it. I get enough of the former during the work day. :)

The systems I have played the most are DnD (all editions) and HERO System (primarily Champions with a lot of Fantasy Hero thrown in). I have also run campaigns in various flavors of both systems.

The complete list of systems I have played at some point or other is much longer. I have not played the My Little Pony RPG though. Does playing with My Little Ponies count? Nevermind, forget I said that. :)

David
Melissa G.
user 9830711
Noblesville, IN
Post #: 4
Hey Guys,
Ken is in the same boat and a rutt. I have been trying to convince him to try again, but he has been burnt several times. He and I both game, but because of kids, we rarely get to game together. I prefer he not host at our place, but other than that, I am supportive of a "commitment" game for him. Ken is also a phenomenal GM, I just wish he could find a group that could commit. David and Ken know each other and live relatively close (Hamilton Co.) He is very excited about Pathfinder, and has run CnC and Trad. DnD (all versions). If someone can throw out a date and place - I send a GM ready to run and a baked good. LOL
Brian L.
user 12872722
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 52
Hey all, I'll throw my hat into the ring. I made an initial contact many moons ago with "East Side" Steven, but I failed to make a follow up commitment (sorry Steven, I suck). I'm in my mid 40s, and I live in the Lawrence area (NE side of Indy). I am in a group, but we meet infrequently, and recently there was a decision not to meet for the rest of the year. Anyway, looking for a group. Been playing DnD off and on since Jr High (30yrs??), but more "off" the past 10, so my knowledge of the mechanics behind the games is rusty; RPGing part is still sharp. All editions DnD except 4th (I just can't bare to spend more money on yet a new system); Star Frontiers; Marvel Super Heroes; FASA Star Trek RPG; D20; Boot Hill; mainly TSR based. I own the Star Wars D20 Epic Book, but I've never played.

ANYWAY, I'm a bit dusty, but IF it got a group together, I would be willing to try to GM. At the very least, it might get some folks to say "I can do better than that!", and we would be playing. I think I would prefer a game I already know; obviously would be the case if I'm GMing (see above list).

Anyway, wanna try to meet up for coffee / burger / beer / whatever, and discuss sometime in the future?
Kevin
Stryger1
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 6
I like the idea of getting together for a "meet and greet". What does everyone think about getting together at a place like MCL Cafeteria? There is one not too far from Castelton Square Mall. I have not been to this location, but they usually have a set up where it shouldn't be too hard to push some tables together. If we meet at an off peak time it shouldn't be too busy to hold a decent conversation. Perhaps around 2 or 3 pm on a weekend?? I am open to suggestions and comments.

Kevin

MCL Cafeteria
5520 Castleton Corner Lane, Indianapolis, IN, 46250
David
Wreileth
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 7
I am busy pretty much all day this Sunday, but I have Saturday open.

David