addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
Max
user 14148536
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 2
Because it is easier to find players then a DM. I am looking into starting and running a game. My universe, but virtually any system I can have access to the basic rules.

I'd prefer to run D&D 3.5, because it looks interesting and 4E isn't very good for role-playing. I know 4E well enough to just sit down with dice and paper and run a game though.

Mostly, I want to know if there are players looking for a RPG on the east side of Indy, 10th German Church.

My roommate might play and I would be available Wed, Fri & Sat nights.
A former member
Post #: 4
I'm currently dming a 3.5 campaign, we've only met 3 times so the game is still new. If you feel like playing send me a message. We try to meet every othee Saturday in fortville, but its been funny timing with the holidays and all
Rob
Bavix
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 30
Hey Max,

I'm also on the east side, near Post and Washington. I have an every-other Saturday night Savage Worlds game starting soon, which you're welcome to join, but a couple of players and myself may be interested in a D&D game as well. Let me know the details.

Rob
Max
user 7892587
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 3
3.5 or 4E? Assuming 3.5

• Everything, but archivist, is legal, assuming you don't intentionally build really broken characters.
  • All Good, All Neutral, & Lawful Evil alignments allowed. I expect good characters to be good, and not chaotic evil. You don't kill, maim, and torture things simply because they are "evil." Also Lawful evil, is where you do the right things for the wrong reasons. Not an excuse to be evil. Motives, not actions.
  • No races with level adjustment, though, custom, more balanced versions might be accepted. I do not have a problem with custom material, as long as it isn't broken.
  • It would be my own universe. I know it better.
  • There would be no experience, I'll let you know when you level.
  • It would be epi-linear, which is more chaos friendly.
  • You will probably want to take notes. I run a campaign like I write mysteries. You will have everything you need to know before you need it. But it, hopefully, wont be too obvious.

Stats are rolled.
2 stats, 5d6, best 3 of 5
2 stats, 4d6, best 3 of 5
2 stats, 3d6

No re-rolls, but a floor of 8.
We'll see how it goes.

Build Characters at level 4. I would prefer to to make character creation the first session with some role-play.

The gods grew bored and they began to gamble between themselves. Each chose a champion and gave their champion a ring representing a portion of their power. Their champions fought for the glory of their gods.

All was well until the Brothers Doom, Sons of Doom, the self proclaimed Master of the Labyrinth. The Elder the Middle and the Younger. If they had another name it was never known. They came wielding the power of the rings and they made war with the gods. And in that day the skies churned, the seas boiled, the land shook and the cities burned.

There was great trembling both in the heavens and in the hells and so the Great Fairy, last of her kind, sought out Sobolech the Destroyer. And by cunning and skill she made him her champion and gave to him her ring. And he went to war. And then there was silence....

Sobolech, The Brothers Doom, Sons of Doom, and seemingly, the gods themselves had all disappeared. All was quiet, the temples, like their cities lay ruined and abandoned. Their carcasses picked white by the maggots that survived. Feeding upon the spoils of death until the spoils were no more.

Now, here we gather, a people once more to rebuild what was, to call out to those that have abandoned us. Come out from the hills and the hollow places, let us be a people, united, once more.

• The 4 major Races are Humans, Elves, Goblins & Dwarves.
  • The most common tongue is Goblin and is simply called Common.
  • Humans Speak Emperial, which is the second most common language.
  • Elves, The High Tongue.
  • Dwarves speak Primal.

Race List

Humans

High Elves (Pure Blood)
Wild Elves (Pure Blood)
Elves (Half Human)
Half Elves (75% Human)

Goblins (Pure Blood)
Hobgoblins (Half Human)
Drow (25% Elf, 25% Human)

Mountain Dwarves
Hill Dwarves
Plains Dwarves
Gnomes (Half High Elf)

Trolls (Not playable)
Orcs (Half Human)
Half Orcs (75% Human)

Minotaur
Juddaddarr (Lizardmen)
Draconians
Kobalds

If you want to play something else, let me know. My actual master race list has over 200 races. These are just the most common playable races.

Some stereotypes are true some are not.
Orcs are not evil, but they are big and scary.
Goblins are mostly wealthy merchants.
Drow are, traditionally, the servants of goblins.

And I'll go into more detail, when I know more about the party. I want to minimize player knowledge abuse. You don't have to pretend not to know, what you don't know.
Jason Y.
user 20428641
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 1
Hi Max, my name is Jason and I live just east of Emerson near 10th (Irvington area). The story sound like a lot of fun. Have you had an actual get together yet. Friday nights are probably best for me. Let me know when you are getting next.
Max
user 7892587
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 4
At the moment, I don't have anyone playing. One of my roommates will be willing to play.

Friday would be fine with him. Though I would like to see if I can get a few more players before starting, but I can run with just two players.

Also, apparently, the email address associated with my account, is wrong and it won't let me change it.

Sorry for the inconvenience if anyone has tried to email.

Jason, if you are interested in playing with just two players, we can start in another week or so and I'll email the address, assuming your associated email is correct.
Jason Y.
user 20428641
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 2
My email is correct so you can email me whenever. I have a friend that is interested also and another that "might" be. I would like to get together just to chat about the basics and see how well our personalities mesh. I've been gaming for over 30 years and have met people that I just didn't enjoy gaming with, like a really good friends new girl friend that INSISTS on gaming with him.

What you talked about above for the basic background of the campaign sound very interesting. I like the 3.5 system much better than the 4.0 and would vote for it. Let me know when you would like to get together and we can discuss the campaign in more depth.
Dave W.
user 13752074
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 9
Max, Jason and Rob I live in Greenfield and would like to get a D&D game going as well. I have sent you all messages. I believe we have enough people now so lets all get the ball moving. I have my son who is 15 and a friend of mine named Steve who wants to play.
Steven H.
user 7956862
Fortville, IN
Post #: 56
Dave told me about this thread. I would be interested as well.
Max
user 7892587
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 5
Here's an update, as far as my game is concerned.

Right now, we have Jason, my roommate Jeremy, & one of Jason's friends. We also have two other players who are off and on.

3 Players and up to five at a given time.

We are tentatively meeting on Friday at 20:00 (8:00pm). The current set up has us trying to meet every week. Starting the Friday after the Super Bowl madness. 'Cause who wants to try to get out in that.

As for anyone else wanting to join, I don't have a problem. But new players will join on a probationary, trial, period. Also, seniority gets priority. So we'll set up a reservation system. I like to know who's coming anyway.

Also I would like to restate, that my e-mail doesn't work. If you send me an e-mail I wont get it. If you want it, I will e-mail my e-mail address to you. But meetup.com wont let my change my associated email.