addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Indy Gaming Message Board Tabletop Games (Party/ Card/ Board) › Anyone up for Civilization?

Anyone up for Civilization?

A former member
Post #: 66
I have the Avalon Hill board game Civilization / Advanced Civ. and would love to get a six or seven player game together sometime (or as many as possible... the limit is seven). It's been forever since I've played it. It takes a while to play the full game (several hours) but I hate seeing it go unused. (Note that adding the "Advanced" expansion makes it a bit more interesting, doesn't make it any harder to play, and has only a small effect on the length of the game.

If interested, where would you like to play?

http://www.boardgameg...­
http://www.boardgameg...­
Shane
user 8354773
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 68
I'm interested...but something tells me you knew that already. cool
Daniel W. J.
Argus
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 4
I haven't played that in a long time.
A former member
Post #: 67
I haven't played that in a long time.

No worries... I'm pretty sure that the rules haven't changed since you played last :)

Well, that's three so far... where would you folks like to play? Which day works best for you all?
Chuck B.
user 46797792
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 1
I have never played, but would be interested. Monday and Thursday are the best nights for me. Any weekend days will have to wait until after the first weekend in June.
Daniel W. J.
Argus
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 5
Given the length of the game, Monday through Thursday would be out for me, and even Friday night (after work or whatever) would be dubious.

What about a holiday weekend (such as Memorial Day coming up)?
A former member
Post #: 68
Given the length of the game, Monday through Thursday would be out for me, and even Friday night (after work or whatever) would be dubious.

What about a holiday weekend (such as Memorial Day coming up)?

True... I'd give the game at least six hours to complete.

I have something else on the Saturday of Memorial Day, but that Monday would work for me.

Anyone have a venue that they would like to suggest?
Matthew
jeffrimw
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 5
I know how to play. Also own this game. Not sure I can play in the near future but keep me in mind for later in the year.

Matt
A former member
Post #: 69
Which is better for everyone...?

Memorial Day at my place in Plainfield (since no one else has suggested a location that day), or
the second Saturday in June at the Arsenal?

Dave
Daniel W. J.
Argus
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 6
Either would work for me.