addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Indy Gaming Message Board Tabletop Games (Party/ Card/ Board) › Anyone up for Civilization?

Anyone up for Civilization?

A former member
Post #: 99
Who is up for another game of Civilization? Not everyone who wanted to play last time was able to do so, and some folks who did play are asking to play again.

Which Saturday would be best?

I suggest a time limit on this next game... perhaps start the last turn no later than 5:30 p.m.? If we start around noon again, that should get us a good six-hour game. We also could make it shorter if desired to accommodate player preference....
A former member
Post #: 100
It seems that two of the people who weren't able to make it this time have their own copies of ACiv. If we exceed the limit but that includes one or both of them, would it be worthwhile in that case to ask the Arsenal about using a second table? (I realize there are a couple of hypotheticals in there.)

Yes, if you want to play but also have a copy of the game, please do bring it in case we are over the limit on players for one game (which is seven or so I think).
Daniel W. J.
Argus
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 12
My next open Saturdays seem to be May 18, May 25, and June 1, although the 18th apparently has a good chance of becoming a scheduled meetup (similar to April 20).
Wefeleb
user 9556414
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 3
Second table possible if both play in boardroom downstairs. Games there must FINISH by 7:45pm due to room rented by another group at 8pm.
A former member
Post #: 101
Second table possible if both play in boardroom downstairs. Games there must FINISH by 7:45pm due to room rented by another group at 8pm.

Thanks for the reminder. We would be done by six or so if we start by noon... cleanup definitely done by 7... so that shouldn't be an issue. I also think that it would be difficult to need two games running at this point (but I'd love to see it!) Probably in the future when we have more people wanting to play though....

I guess this makes it even more important to let us know you are coming in advance. So... Sat 5/25? Is that going to be bad for anyone?

I hope the winner from our last game can make it!
James D.
JD_DuMond
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 1
Dave,
Dan Johnson told me you might be interested....I'm putting together a session of the Civilization Expansion Project, which is just like Advanced Civ but new and improved. This game will be at a friend's house on the SE side of Indy. We will play on Saturday, May 25 starting at 10am and going no later than 8pm. If you're interested let me know and I'll send you the particulars. We are going to have a minimum of 6 players and if you play you'll be #7.
A former member
Post #: 110
Well, that is the same day that we were thinking about playing at the Arsenal. If no one will be going there, I'll play that... but let's see if we don't need a second game.

Is there anyone who will want to play on the 25th who already is not in this other game?
Katrina D.
user 59241032
Carmel, IN
Post #: 5
I can't attend this time, we will be traveling. June is pretty busy as well.
Daniel W. J.
Argus
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 13
I'd be okay with either location.
A former member
Post #: 111
I will write the folks to let them know that we (Dan and I, and anyone else interested) can join them that day. Thanks for the quick replies!