Indy Gaming Message Board LFG - Any kind of game, any side of town › Starting Eclipse Phase campaign

Starting Eclipse Phase campaign

Gren
GrenTheBarbarian
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 12
I am looking to begin a new Eclipse Phase campaign in early October. We will probably be playing on every other Sunday, 1pm - 7pm, at the Arsenal. (The other possibility is 1st and 3rd Fridays.) This will be an adults only campaign focusing on role playing. I will be providing all materials required to play. Do let me know if you are interested in joining.

Eclipse Phase http://eclipsephase.c...­ is a sci-fi RPG of post-apocalyptic, transhuman conspiracy and horror.

It takes place a couple of hundred years in the future. Humanity has spread out across the solar system, colonizing planets, moons, asteroids and even the sun's corona. There are fifty million people living on a partially terra-formed Mars. We have developed a way to digitize the "ego", that part that makes us who we are. This allows people to change bodies at will and to be "resurrected" after their bodies have been killed. Not just genetically enhanced human bodies, but also uplifted animals (such as apes, dolphins, ravens, etc) and synthetic (mechanical) bodies too. Each person is also constantly connected to the mesh, the internet of the future. In some places, money is useless. You have to use your reputation in various social networks to get supplies and information.

Yes, there are aliens too. Humans have met an Ameboid like race and have found the remains of another advanced race. There are the "stargate" like Pandora Gates that can be dialed to travel instantly to other worlds. There are hypercorps that control vast resources for their own profit. Lawless space and areas controlled by criminal cartels.

About ten years ago, a group of AIs became sentient at the singularity. There was a war. The Earth is now a radioactive, plague-ridden, nano-swarming wasteland filled with death machines, bio-hazards, mutants and terrors no man can imagine.

You are a highly skilled Sentinel. Member of a secret organization called Firewall that is dedicated to preventing the destruction of humanity by whatever means necessary. Are you up to the task?
Gren
GrenTheBarbarian
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 13
TL;DR: An RPG mashup of Blade Runner, Firefly, Aliens and the Matrix.
Gren
GrenTheBarbarian
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 14
Update!

I have a couple of players and will be starting the campaign in January. We will be playing alternating Sundays at the Arsenal starting at 1pm and going to about 6pm.