Indy Gaming Message Board LFG - Any kind of game, any side of town › West side gamers (in Avon, so if you are willing to drive there you are welcome)

West side gamers (in Avon, so if you are willing to drive there you are welcome)

Don
user 26675082
Avon, IN
Post #: 8
Hi,

I am Don and my friends and I want to expand our existing gaming group.

We have a group of 4 core players who are looking for a couple (2-3) more players to start a brand new campaign for either D&D (3-3.5)/Pathfinder, or Star Wars RPG (we have Saga books and d20 revised).

IDEALLY we can find a game master to run for us...but we can talk about that. A couple of dedicated players who are willing to play an every Saturday (yes every Saturday barring incident) game that starts in the afternoon (time we can determine) and goes until...

These will be dedicated campaigns that have run, in some cases, for several years. That's the ideal anyway. Most nights there is a good balance of fighting and roleplay. OCCASIONALLY, we engage in evenings of total death and destruction with the occasional grunting which signifies our attempt at roleplay.

Send me a message if you are interested.

ps

Just played Star Wars X-wing and thought it was a hoot. Interested in meeting those players too!
Bill S.
user 10301657
Danville, IN
Post #: 12
I'd love it, though since we are pretty active convention goers Saturdays could be a problem. Keep me in the loop.

I can GM, though I prefer a GM rotation with a couple of campaigns going with different GMs so everyone gets a chance to play a character.
A former member
Post #: 95
The other option is to run the same characters no matter who GM's. That's what we do in our Pathfinder group.

I can't commit to every Saturday, but I am in Plainfield and play PF (but not D&D). I'm generally good for three weeks out of four (but not the first week as I work a lot of hours that week of the month).

Thanks,
Dave
Don
user 26675082
Avon, IN
Post #: 10
We do something like that. GM's have characters too who are basically along for the ride and get to at least get involved in combat.

Send me a message and let's talk. I forgot to 'track' this discussion and didn't see your posts.
Don
user 26675082
Avon, IN
Post #: 21
We have picked up new players, and we have room for one more. Saturdays at 6pm-midnight (unless we all want to go longer).

We play this Saturday. You can come an hour early or so to make up a new character if interested.

Thanks!
Bill S.
user 10301657
Danville, IN
Post #: 13
Have a commitment in Lafayette this Saturday night, unfortunately.

I'm still interested in Westside gamers but Thursday is a much better night for me :)
Don
user 26675082
Avon, IN
Post #: 22
Bill, Thursday is a possible for something else.

John H, I have responded to both of your emails but I am not sure you are getting them. My phone number is 317-908-3699. Plan to come at 5pm tomorrow to make your character.

Call me and I will give you address details.
A former member
Post #: 97
Are you doing GURPS on Saturday night? I didn't get the exact system that you were using, or how you are working up characters.

Ah... this was you ad for PF/D&D... got them confused. So... is it PF or D&D? Which rules set do you use in the play of the game?
Don
user 26675082
Avon, IN
Post #: 24
We are nothing if not adaptable :)

We had more people interested in Star Wars than D&D so we are running a Star Wars Saga game set in the KOTOR period, almost immediately after Revan destroys the star forge.
Don
user 26675082
Avon, IN
Post #: 34
We have just started our Star Wars Saga campaign. We have played 2 or 3 times and there is room for one more.

We start at 6pm on Saturdays and play every Saturday barring incident.

We need one more player so come join us.