addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Indy Gaming Message Board LFG - Any kind of game, any side of town › Wanting to form a GURPS or similar RPG group North/Northeast side of Indy

Wanting to form a GURPS or similar RPG group North/Northeast side of Indy

John H.
JohnHWriter
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 2
My current group is on hiatus. Would love to find some cool people to hang out with and play some RPG's. Unfortunately pretty much the only RPG I've ever played is GURPS, but I have most of the books for the system and am cool teaching others how to play. For anyone unfamiliar, GURPS is a skill-based system. I like playing medieval, sci-fi, horror settings. I would also be open to learning a new system like D&D or Pathfinder. I would prefer meeting on North/Northeast side of Indy.
A former member
Post #: 96
Hey John,

I played more GURPS (3rd and 4th ed.) than anything else, but I haven't played in quite a while. I'd especially be up for a TL4 or TL3 Fantasy game, or something similar. Camelot? Middle Ages? Something on Yrth? Vikings? Greece? In a pinch I could GM a bit, but I'd be rough....

I don't get into Sci-Fi so much because I can't ever figure out what to do with tech, but I could play something there also... but not GM.

Which part of town? I'm in Plainfield.
Dave
Don
user 26675082
Avon, IN
Post #: 19
Hi.

Love gurps. We are currently playing a Star Wars RPG on Saturday nights. If you are interested we could use another person or two.

Don
user 26675082
Avon, IN
Post #: 23
Bill, Thursday is a possible for something else.

John H, I have responded to both of your emails but I am not sure you are getting them. My phone number is 317-908-3699. Plan to come at 5pm tomorrow to make your character.

Call me and I will give you address details.
John H.
JohnHWriter
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 3
Hey, Don, I got your address in the email. I don't know why when I respond to the email it's not going through. I have to post through meetup to get to you. Anyway, I can be there at 5pm. If the Star Wars game uses it's own system then I have not played it. I did get a somewhat crash course in pathfinder tonight though. Also, should I eat before I come or will there be a break to get some food?
Don
user 26675082
Avon, IN
Post #: 25
Ok John, see you at 5pm. The Pathfinder system and the Saga system are different versions of the 'd20 system', so if you know that you will be fine. Even if you don't know it, if you are open to guidance, you will be fine.

Think about what kind of Jedi you want to play (light-side), and we can flesh that out pretty quickly, and you can add details as we go along and grow the character.

I would say eat before you come, but we also won't consider it rude if you bring food for yourself to eat. We of course won't hate you if you show up with 5 pizzas (JOKING haha). There is pizza of various varieties in the area for delivery as well and if you are DYING for food, you can always jet out for a minute. There is a Burger King, Taco Bell, and Arby's (and others) literally 30 seconds from my house. With that said we usually don't take any kind of formal breaks for food, we just soldier on.

Call me if you have any questions, and I look forward to meeting you.