Indy Gaming Message Board LFG - Any kind of game, any side of town › Player Looking for RPG Weekday Evenings, North or Northeast Indy

Player Looking for RPG Weekday Evenings, North or Northeast Indy

Kevin
Stryger1
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 10
I am looking for an RPG that meets in the evening during the week. I am GMing a Star Wars d6 game that tries to meet every other Saturday but scheduling is spotty. Because of this I find I am not getting my gaming fix satisfied.

I am forty something and have been gaming on and off since 1983. My personal style is for games that allow a lot of role play, with some combat to spice things up a bit. I am genre flexible but have a general preference for science fiction or medieval/fantasy based games. I tend to shy away from horror or high powered games...using a +75 sword of evil slaying just isn't my thing.

I live on the Northeast side of Indy but work on the North side. I am familiar with Star Wars d6, GURPS, and the old FASA Star Trek RPG rules. Other systems I would need to learn about. Please let me know if you have an opening or if you just have questions.

Kevin
John H.
JohnHWriter
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 4
Do you ever play on Fridays? My group probably won't meet until May, but if you're interested, we usually play GURPS and we are on the Northeast side of Indy. I will say, we do have horror settings, but the guys who run them have interesting stories. I usually run fantasy or sci-fi settings. I believe that the next game we play will possibly be a star wars game run by someone else in the group or a fantasy or sci-fi game run by me. If you're interested, let me know.

John
Brian L.
user 12872722
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 56
Hey Kevin, I live on the Northeast side (Lawrence), & I've been interested in the old FASA Star Trek RPG also. I have one other potential player at this time. The other Sc-Fy games I have is the old TSR Star Frontiers, Traveler 2300 (not to be confused with the original Traveler), & the D20 Star Wars. Also D&D3.5 / Pathfinder, and a few other games. I don't have Gurps (although I've been eyeballing it lately) or Star Wars D6, nor have I played them, so I would have to learn those games. Like you, I'm more into role playing vs. combat, although by default action becomes part of an adventure. I'm not sure if you're considering joining John's GURP game (John, if I can ask, how many openings do you have?), but if you want to try FASA ST:RPG, or willing to teach a newbie GURPs or SW:D6, I would like to try. I just recently joined a group of RPG Battletechers meeting on Monday nights. I prefer a weeknight also, although an occasional weekend meeting is fine. I am in my upper 40s, so all-nighters aren't my thing anymore. For both Kevin & John, if you want to meet up for discussion, let me know!
John H.
JohnHWriter
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 5
My group is normally 3-4, so we have a couple spots. We should be starting up a new game next month sometime, I believe, but still need to find out from the other guys. Trying to gather some more players in the interim. If either of you are interested in gaming on Fridays, let me know. We were gaming every other Friday night at 6 or 6:30, so that will probably be the norm.
Kevin
Stryger1
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 11
Friday evenings would work just fine for me. I don't work on the weekends and I typically get back into the Lawrence area around 6-ish after work. I am very familiar with GURPS. It was my primary gaming system for about 12 years. I still like it, but I find that the Star Wars D6 rules work better for my "Star Wars style" of GMing.

The genre and gaming system isn't as important as the group of people is. Three to four players makes for a nice size. Starting up in May isn't an issue for me either. It gives time for the GM to meet potential players and see if personalities seem like they will work well together.

Would you like to set up a time/place to get together and chat?
John H.
JohnHWriter
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 6
Kevin and Brian, I am coordinating with the other guys in my group. I'm not sure what you had in mind to get together and meet. I find just getting together and playing is a good way to figure out if the group will work for you. We may end up starting with me GMing either a medieval setting or modern day with supernatural elements. If I do run, it would be under GURPS as that's what I'm most familiar with. But I can let you know that after I hear back from the rest of the group. GURPS isn't that hard to learn and I have no problem teaching it.

Just to get an idea, for when we might start, would May 10th or May 24th work for either of you? Whenever we meet for a new campaign, we usually take part of the night to make characters and part to start the game.
John H.
JohnHWriter
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 7
Ok, so I talked with the other guys and looks like Chris will be GM and he will run a Star Wars game. He wants to start on May 24th. Also, since that is a month away, depending on your interest, we could meet before the Star Wars game and I could run a campaign I have. That will depend on who all would be able to make it, but I can run that one with as little as two players if need be.

And we can meet somewhere as well to talk about specifics, if you prefer to do that before we game. Since we are all on the Northeast side, we could meet at Panera or something. Let me know if any of this works for you.
Brian L.
user 12872722
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 57
Hey guys, thanks for the update and invite. I believe I'll bow out on the Friday meetings; I just know that I wouldn't be able to make every Friday. Thanks again, and I'll keep my eyes on the Meetup if something else pops up!
John H.
JohnHWriter
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 8
No worries, Brian. Although it is an every other Friday meeting. Just shoot me an email through meetup if you happen to change your mind.
Kevin
Stryger1
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 12
Hi John, starting May 24th works fine for me as a starting point. I will send you a message off the board so you have my e-mail. I will reply in more detail there.

Kevin